Author Topic: MCE Gen. 1 Canyon Cage Group Buy Through July 19th!  (Read 103413 times)

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
Re: MCE Gen. 1 Canyon Cage Group Buy Through July 19th!
« Reply #200 on: August 14, 2012, 05:16:44 AM »
Some of the early '08s had the 'extra' bolt stuck inside the deflector, mine did not.

Alexx,

I picked up some stainless bolts to use with the deflectors off, I don't remember the details of the size. I never use the deflectors anymore. I like it better with them off.

Can't say I've ever found any extra bolts on my '09. I've found a couple missing but never any missing. Thanks to you and Alpha for the input. I'm currently doing some airflow experiments (trial & error mostly) and some of the results look promising. I thought this would be a good mod to try.
Life is good.... At least from my perspective.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline farrider2

« Reply #201 on: August 17, 2012, 04:58:54 PM »
Got the new canyon cage bars on the bike yesterday. Ryan, you and your team did a great job of set-up. Took about three hours to install them plus clean the air filter and tighten the header pipes. Thanks again.

Offline scootertrash

« Reply #202 on: August 19, 2012, 08:30:05 PM »
Wa, wish I joined the forum sooner. The canyon cages would have made fabricating my hiway peg's abit easier. I will find some soon, I hope.
Maybe someone didnt install theres before they sold the bike, or whatev, and would sell them to me at the group buy price? maybe? Please.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #203 on: August 20, 2012, 04:54:25 AM »
Wa, wish I joined the forum sooner. The canyon cages would have made fabricating my hiway peg's abit easier. I will find some soon, I hope.
Maybe someone didnt install theres before they sold the bike, or whatev, and would sell them to me at the group buy price? maybe? Please.

Good luck with that! Most of us waited for a LONG time to get these bars and won't give them up that soon.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:37:08 AM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #204 on: August 20, 2012, 06:59:27 AM »
Let them GO!? Really!? :o Now that's just crazy talk.  :loco: I just had to remove the Ronnies Highway pegs from my '09 and I installed some black Rivco pegs on the cages. Guess I'll have to clean up the old peg assemblies & put them up on the for sale board. Kinda bummed about it too, I loved the way they looked on the bike.  :'(
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #205 on: August 20, 2012, 07:31:24 AM »
Let them GO!? Really!? :o Now that's just crazy talk.  :loco: I just had to remove the Ronnies Highway pegs from my '09 and I installed some black Rivco pegs on the cages. Guess I'll have to clean up the old peg assemblies & put them up on the for sale board. Kinda bummed about it too, I loved the way they looked on the bike.  :'(

I am in the exacy same boat.  Can you list a link or photo to the Rivco pegs?  I only found 1" diameter bar pegs.   Thanks. 

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #206 on: August 20, 2012, 02:00:25 PM »
Here are links to the pegs and the Clamps.

Pegs:  http://www.jpcycles.com/product/530-792

7/8" clamps :  http://www.jpcycles.com/product/531-172

Kinda pricey but they look pretty good. Not as classy as Ronnies Pegs but they'll work for the long haul.
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #207 on: August 20, 2012, 02:34:51 PM »
Thanks, I have seen the 10+ with these on.  If you have time could you post a photo.  I appreciate it.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #208 on: August 20, 2012, 03:30:09 PM »
I just had to remove the Ronnies Highway pegs from my '09 and I installed some black Rivco pegs on the cages. Guess I'll have to clean up the old peg assemblies & put them up on the for sale board. Kinda bummed about it too, I loved the way they looked on the bike.  :'(

Why?  Do you have a gen1?  (You need to change your signature to indicate which year bike you have!)  Did it turn out they (Ronnie's pegs) are not compatible with the Gen1 canyons?  On my Gen2, I have both installed and wouldn't have it any other way.... the cages are way too far apart and wide, to me, to have pegs on them...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #209 on: August 20, 2012, 03:46:33 PM »
Only downside I have found on the Canyons for the Gen1, really loved my Ronnies and hated to let them go.  They were a great clean and functional install.  Ironically Ronnie has a set of tip over bars that will work with his highway pegs in the pipeline but he is several months out. 

Offline Conrad

« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2012, 03:59:44 PM »
For those that have heat issues on the Gen 1 bikes.   :stirpot:

The CCs have the added bonus of acting as a heat sink. They sure warm up after a nice long ride!

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2012, 08:11:32 PM »
The CCs have the added bonus of acting as a heat sink. They sure warm up after a nice long ride!

Yeah, I noticed that too.  That top one is HOT!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #212 on: August 21, 2012, 04:06:20 AM »
Do they get warm enough to fry bacon? 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #213 on: August 21, 2012, 04:18:21 AM »
mmmmm, bacon on the cages and eggs on the rear hub. Where do we cook the coffee?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #214 on: August 21, 2012, 05:18:31 AM »
mmmmm, bacon on the cages and eggs on the rear hub. Where do we cook the coffee?

I guess you could use the tank 'glove' box. Seems lots of folks have cooked their cell phones in there, maybe it can do coffee?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #215 on: August 21, 2012, 05:20:05 AM »

No bacon for you tin man, not till you install your own bars!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2012, 05:30:36 AM »
I guess you could use the tank 'glove' box. Seems lots of folks have cooked their cell phones in there, maybe it can do coffee?
Damn, finally a use for the 'box' and I already got rid of it. Now that you mention it it would have been the perfect mobile Geo. Foreman sandwich grill.

Offline alexx45

• 2009 Black C14
« Reply #217 on: August 21, 2012, 06:03:38 AM »
For those that have heat issues on the Gen 1 bikes.   :stirpot:

Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad I put the new highway pegs on the lower part of the cages now. Hope they don't heat up & cook my feet.  ;D
Why?  Do you have a gen1?  (You need to change your signature to indicate which year bike you have!)  Did it turn out they (Ronnie's pegs) are not compatible with the Gen1 canyons?  On my Gen2, I have both installed and wouldn't have it any other way.... the cages are way too far apart and wide, to me, to have pegs on them...
I thought about cutting the pegs down to clear the canyon cages but I just didn't have the heart to ruin Ronnie's work. It also looked like they would be so short as to be useless.

Thanks, I have seen the 10+ with these on.  If you have time could you post a photo.  I appreciate it.
I tried taking some pics the other night with my phone but black bars with black pegs against a black bike in a garage makes for a lousy shot. I need to get the bike outside & use a real camera. I will try to get some pics & post them on the other thread.  8)
2009 Concours 14
2005 Suzuki Bandit

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #218 on: August 21, 2012, 06:33:32 AM »
sounds great.  thanks.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #219 on: August 21, 2012, 04:28:11 PM »

Um.... gross!   I wouldn't know...