Author Topic: Sargent low seat for 2008 concours  (Read 9051 times)

Offline kjk concours

Sargent low seat for 2008 concours
« on: June 21, 2012, 06:52:41 PM »
Thinking about getting a sargent low seat, compared to the stock. Anyone have one and do they like it. I'm a little short and that inch or inch and a half would help.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Sargent low seat for 2008 concours
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 07:18:26 PM »
Thinking about getting a sargent low seat, compared to the stock. Anyone have one and do they like it. I'm a little short and that inch or inch and a half would help.

Yep and yep.  It is a quality product.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:21:25 PM »
GREAT SEAT.   Fir me, the height is perfect.  It also feels like you added a slight rise to the bars due to the butt being slightly lower.   

I just added mine within the last month. Todays 25 mile ride turned into 275 ans it felt good...really good.   I cannot recommend it highly enough.  If the c14 came stock with this seat, it woudl have won more shootouts.  Its that big of a change.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 06:59:47 AM by rcannon409 »

Offline jjsC6

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 06:01:55 AM »
I have had one since a week after I bought the bike (36,000 miles on it now).  For my normal 300+ mile days I like it a lot.  For my annual week long trip (4,100 miles in nine days this year) I use a sheepskin/gel cover for it from Alaska Leather.  With that, 600 mile days are no problem.
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline Axxman

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 09:17:12 AM »
I bought one about 1000 miles ago and like it alot. You ride more in the bike than on it. The thing that surprised me the most was that my wife likes it better than the Corbin ;D
Jay
09 Concours 14 ABS
Candy Diamond Red

Offline Bin4ry

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 02:11:27 AM »
Loved mine while I had the bike! Gave me more assurance at stops and the misses liked the more defined passenger seat.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 07:47:59 PM »
I forget exactly how much mine was, but it was worth twice what I paid.  Its an amazing seat.  The trouble is it makes every other motorcycle seat you own feel like garbage.

I'm 5'10" and the stock seat is not problem at stops or anything like that.  But, the sargent low fits the biek better. It improved the bar relationship as well.

It also has that cool, built in storage thing which is nice to have. I'm glad I have mine.

Offline Slideways

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2012, 01:28:36 PM »
First ride this morning with a Sargent Low purchased from a forum member. Wanted it not so much for solo riding as there were no really issues there but two up is a different story. Almost dropped her (her being bike and wife and maybe in that order) with the extra weight on the pillion and the 'extra weight' is only about 100lbs. I am 5'8" and wear jeans that don't drag on the ground that have a 32" inseam. I mention this only to give others an idea of what size rider beneifts from a lower saddle. Both feet are easily flat on the ground with some bend in the knees. The pegs feel higher and the hip/torso angle is more closed up. The wind shield goes up higher now and the bars are just a smidge higher as well....... Yea, I know
If it can't be fixed with a hammer you can sure as hell teach it a lesson.
2008 ABS, Area P full system, Power Commander, Skene Design, Canyon Cages (personally tested, don't ask), Sargent low saddle, Tamer throttle tube, Cee Bailey Euro Tour, bar risers, Throttlemeister, Tech Spec,

Offline So Cal Joe

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 08:26:44 AM »
Most that have them love them, I had one and hated it.  The seat is hard, and I still slid forward. But as I said, most that have them love it, you probably will also. I came from many years of riding  Gold Wings and I guess nothing I did to my 09 Concours matched the comfort of the wing.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once

Offline Slideways

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2012, 09:52:16 AM »
With most bikes I ride right up against the tank, grew up on dirt bikes so maybe it is left over from those days. The Low Sargent is the first saddle in a while where sitting back has been comfortable for me, still sit forward on the tanks as well but with this saddle there is more then one 'sweet spot'. The saddle is harder especially on the edges and this I suspect will be a problem on a longer ride.
2008 ABS, Area P full system, Power Commander, Skene Design, Canyon Cages (personally tested, don't ask), Sargent low saddle, Tamer throttle tube, Cee Bailey Euro Tour, bar risers, Throttlemeister, Tech Spec,

lizardbait

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 07:01:08 PM »
Bought my 08 in october with a sargent seat.....  third weekend spent 1800 miles 2 up.  Broke in in the first 200 miles and has been great for the next 5000 miles.  A definite plus.  The bike lowered with link and 3/4" at the tree. 

:chugbeer:

Offline Slideways

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2012, 09:04:50 PM »
Hey Lizardbait how tall are you. Just wondering what size the people are who work well with a low saddle.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2012, 06:23:43 AM »
Hey Lizardbait how tall are you. Just wondering what size the people are who work well with a low saddle.

Standing height does not tell you how long someone's legs are.  I am 5'7", but my legs are shorter than probably 90% of people my height.  I know people the exact opposite, whose legs are longer than 90% of people their height.

Just saying.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 06:35:02 AM »
Standing height does not tell you how long someone's legs are.  I am 5'7", but my legs are shorter than probably 90% of people my height.  I know people the exact opposite, whose legs are longer than 90% of people their height.

Just saying.

Trudat. I'm 5'5" but have a 30" inseam.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Slideways

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2012, 07:35:32 AM »
Good point Maxtog! I did mention my inseam in a reply above but did not ask Lizardbait to provide that info. Unlike you I am all leg and short in the torso and still have found the lower saddle a plus. Just sayin'.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2012, 09:50:51 AM »
Good point Maxtog! I did mention my inseam in a reply above but did not ask Lizardbait to provide that info. Unlike you I am all leg and short in the torso and still have found the lower saddle a plus. Just sayin'.

Yep, I am 5'7" but with only a 27 inseam.  I am all torso :)

lizardbait

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »

5'11'  This gives me a lot of flatfoot.  It has a adjustable stand also.  Previous owner (David) had all the farkles installed.  All I added are the trunk, mount for my G-Phone and new PR3's.  32" inseam......

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2012, 01:23:03 PM »
5'11' [...]  32" inseam......

Perfect illustration.... I am taller than you are; but only when we are both sitting :)

lizardbait

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2012, 02:27:46 PM »
hurts less closer to the asphalt :rotflmao: