Author Topic: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion  (Read 292683 times)

Offline ZZG1400RIDER

Re: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion
« Reply #600 on: April 20, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »
I wonder if anyone is thinking of getting the bars in the rough and having them line x"ed".  I think if my bike ever gets scracthed up I will go flat black.  Since I found a leak from the bike on the left side I am going to nickname my bike the SR-71, since it leaks while parked and likes to go fast. ;D

Offline shokdimn

• Yeah, I'll trailer it!
« Reply #601 on: April 21, 2012, 11:54:28 AM »

You can move the pegs wherever you like on the bar so they could potentially be pretty far forward if you really wanted them to be.
Not trying too be to picky here; however, regarding the hwy pegs.  Did you test this for lean angle within the design envelope of the bike? 
Although I didn't mention it in the earlier post about my bars.  It may have been unecessary, but I was concerned about the potential for hard-part contact with the road's surface before the bike's "hero pegs".

The only issue is the fairing angles in towards the front so it's a bit of a weird position having to "wrap" your legs around it so I can definitely see how it'd be a bit awkward for taller folks.
And, btw, I do understand what you "mean" to say in your post's first sentence.
From a distance and without warning, relámpago!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #602 on: April 21, 2012, 09:43:03 PM »
So.... my next question is.... will the canyons clear Ronnie's Highway Pegs??
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #603 on: April 21, 2012, 09:51:41 PM »

The bigger question is....Why would you use them with these bars?  Far more mounting choices on these.

MGvalerio

« Reply #604 on: April 21, 2012, 10:59:42 PM »

Con detti supporti porta pedane avanzate,pure con le guardie A:P messe,se la moto cade a SX la leva del cambio arriva a toccare il suolo e di conseguenza  si rompe,perché rimane fuori sagoma,troppo esposta.

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #605 on: April 22, 2012, 07:00:03 AM »
The bigger question is....Why would you use them with these bars?  Far more mounting choices on these.

1) Because these are beautiful and those are not.

2) These can be pretty much hidden, those cannot.

3) These are not a radical foot position with your legs spread wide apart, those will be.

One thing is true, these are a hell of a lot more expensive option than those.  So the question remains- if they will co-habitate with the new canyons...  (Really, only Ryan can answer that right now)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #606 on: April 22, 2012, 07:03:05 AM »
Con detti supporti porta pedane avanzate,pure con le guardie A:P messe,se la moto cade a SX la leva del cambio arriva a toccare il suolo e di conseguenza  si rompe,perché rimane fuori sagoma,troppo esposta.

MGvalerio. 8)

"With these substrates brings advanced platforms, even with the guards: P put, if the bike falls SX gear lever touches the ground and therefore it breaks, it remains out of shape, too exposed."

???

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #607 on: April 22, 2012, 07:08:05 AM »
Since I doubt Ryan HAS a pair of Ronnie's pegs, I doubt he would be willing to give a guaranteed answer, but it sure LOOKS to me like they'd work together.

Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #608 on: April 22, 2012, 07:19:46 AM »
So I had about 12 miles of "Why oh WHY don't I have my canyon bars yet?" riding on hard gravel yesterday...  LOL  I made it but DANG that was some squirreley ****....
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #609 on: April 22, 2012, 09:48:06 AM »

Because I already spent 291.00 on them and they work GREAT!

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #610 on: April 22, 2012, 11:09:40 AM »
Because I already spent 291.00 on them and they work GREAT!

LOL, that is also a valid reason :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #611 on: April 22, 2012, 11:10:44 AM »
So I had about 12 miles of "Why oh WHY don't I have my canyon bars yet?" riding on hard gravel yesterday...  LOL  I made it but DANG that was some squirreley ****....

Try dry sand.  I was thinking the same thing at the time
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=8144.0

Offline ZZG1400RIDER

« Reply #612 on: April 22, 2012, 03:25:32 PM »
OK! Price kinda need to know!  :-\ :-[ I am looking at a cruise control module. 

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #613 on: April 23, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »
Morning guys! We're working on finishing the bar up, making a few last minute tweaks, and hopefully we'll be doing some preliminary drop testing this afternoon! If we can't get to it today, we'll be doing it tomorrow but either way drop tests are coming soon.

I wonder if anyone is thinking of getting the bars in the rough and having them line x"ed".  I think if my bike ever gets scracthed up I will go flat black.  Since I found a leak from the bike on the left side I am going to nickname my bike the SR-71, since it leaks while parked and likes to go fast. ;D

Someone earlier did mention getting a raw set and having it covered with Rhino Liner which is essentially the same as Line-X, I believe. I thought it sounded like a pretty cool idea, actually.

Based on the photo you attached, Ronnies Highway pegs should work just fine in accordance with the Canyon Cage although it's a bit difficult to tell for sure as we don't have Ronnie's Pegs here to test.  :(

OK! Price kinda need to know!  :-\ :-[ I am looking at a cruise control module.

Unfortunately we won't know final MSRP pricing until the bar is totally done and we've applied all labor and material costs. The Canyon Cages are going to be in the $250-$275 range, though. I really doubt they'll be pricier than $275 and keep in mind a lot of you guys are going to get an extra 5-10% off during the group buy!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #614 on: April 23, 2012, 05:15:38 PM »
 :popcorn:  :)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #615 on: April 24, 2012, 03:35:19 PM »
:popcorn:  :)

Yep... has been pretty dern quiet now....

Son of Pappy

« Reply #616 on: April 24, 2012, 04:05:29 PM »
Leave him be, he has a set to design up for gen 1 14s!!

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #617 on: April 24, 2012, 04:52:17 PM »
Leave him be, he has a set to design up for gen 1 14s!!

:goodpost:

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #618 on: April 25, 2012, 06:42:42 AM »
fingers crossed that the drop test wasn't a disaster....
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline 10ecjazzman

« Reply #619 on: April 25, 2012, 06:47:43 AM »
I wish they would hurry. I have been riding my Can Am Spyder until the bars are finished!
Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools speak because  they have to say something - Plato