Author Topic: Hey Cap'n Bob.. when are y'all heading up ta Saratoga in June?  (Read 4620 times)

Offline DHarvey

With the forum system crash etc, etc, I lost track of your intended ride. I was planning on meeting you along the way and at least hangin' around long enough to share dinner in Saratoga. So again what are the details?

David

Bob

Re: Hey Cap'n Bob.. when are y'all heading up ta Saratoga in June?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 06:19:06 PM »
 June 18th-19th are the dates for the un-rally. It looks like three of us are riding out of Newburgh Saturday morning. My wife, daughter, and others will meet us up there as well. The down side of this that I didn't realize, is that June 19th is fathers day. So it might have created problems for some people. I had it in writing in the news letter and on line already when I realized this screw up. But were still going. Hope to see y'all up there. Here's a link to the on line posting. If you have any questions, give me a yell!

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=143456&mo=6&tDate=%7Bd%20%272011%2D06%2D04%27%7D

Offline koval68

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 10:05:51 PM »
June 18th-19th are the dates for the un-rally. It looks like three of us are riding out of Newburgh Saturday morning. My wife, daughter, and others will meet us up there as well. The down side of this that I didn't realize, is that June 19th is fathers day. So it might have created problems for some people. I had it in writing in the news letter and on line already when I realized this screw up. But were still going. Hope to see y'all up there. Here's a link to the on line posting. If you have any questions, give me a yell!

http://www.cog-online.org/clubportal/EventDisplayNew.cfm?clubID=1328&EventID=143456&mo=6&tDate=%7Bd%20%272011%2D06%2D04%27%7D
Yup! I was gonna show up, but on fathers day will have to stay put! So,instead, I am going back to PA next weekend.
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Bob

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 05:32:08 AM »
Yeah Tom. Like when we discussed it in Wellsboro. It would have been cool. But it was my oversight. Maybe I'll try another one later on or next year That you might be able to make! One thing is for sure. I will try to pick a less expensive place to stay next time!  :D

Offline koval68

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 06:52:53 AM »
Yeah Tom. Like when we discussed it in Wellsboro. It would have been cool. But it was my oversight. Maybe I'll try another one later on or next year That you might be able to make! One thing is for sure. I will try to pick a less expensive place to stay next time!  :D
Please don't! :yikes:
If I come home with bed bugs, I'll never get another kitchen pass.....NEVER!
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Bob

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 06:56:00 AM »
Please don't! :yikes:
If I come home with bed bugs, I'll never get another kitchen pass.....NEVER!

Well I didn't mean a flea bag motel!  :rotflmao:

Offline DHarvey

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 04:57:38 PM »
Bob: What's your route heading north? Maybe I'll link up with you along the way..alternatively, we can do a PM ride once you reach Saratoga and still get bac in time for dinner.

Bob

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 06:02:32 PM »
Bob: What's your route heading north? Maybe I'll link up with you along the way..alternatively, we can do a PM ride once you reach Saratoga and still get bac in time for dinner.

I just sent you a PM!

Offline DHarvey

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 04:45:58 PM »
Bob: If you don't mind, PM me your phone number. I couldn't find any ride thread but hey what do I know! ;D

Methinks we could meet at the intersection of rt 20 and 51 N..it's about 3 hours from my place and prolly take you every bit of the same time to worm yer way north to that point. A course, I woulda awready enjoyed the Gorge heading south but that's one of the bennies coming in from the North Country!

David

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 09:15:57 AM »
It looks like I will be attending, meeting up with and riding down with David. Kathy may or may not attend, she doesn't feel comfortable in the twisties and doesn't want to be holding up the group or holding me back if we went 2 up. So, it looks like I get to be the tail of the group instead! Bob, about how many are attending at this point? Kathy will likely join us in town later for dinner and chat in S'toga.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Bob

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 05:36:44 PM »
There's suppose to be three of us riding out of Newburgh. Then there may be another rider joining in on the ride. And of course David and now yourself are suppose to meet us just below Illion Gorge. So I'm guessing anywhere from three to six!  ;D

There will be some meetups in Saratoga. My wife and daughter, Mitch and Lisa are riding in from Connecticut. Hopefully yourself and Kathy spend some time. Maybe a couple more, I'm trying to remember! LOL  :D

Offline DHarvey

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 04:42:10 AM »
Hey All: Got a call last night from Tom Taylor who lives in Bolton. He's going to join me Sat AM and then do the entire ride with us so there will be 3 Connies waiting for you at the intersection Bob. Ride safe and see you on Sat.
David

Bob

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 09:38:34 AM »
Sounds great! See you guys then.

Offline mr t

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »
Looking forward to the ride . Lets hope the weather cooperates.  Tom Taylor Cog #7173.

Offline kathybrj

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 05:58:59 AM »
I'll jump on my bike and head into town when you guys are on your way back. Looking forward to seeing/meeting everyone!
bbroj's better half

'14 Honda CTX 700

Bob

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 05:34:43 PM »
As of now the weather still looks great for the weekend. I hope to see y'all tomorrow!  8)

Offline DHarvey

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 04:51:17 AM »
Weather? What's that? 8)

Offline DHarvey

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 06:19:20 PM »
Tom, Blaise, Bob and Alex.. thanks for an enjoyable ride today. It was nice to put faces with names. I forgot how much fun the Ilion Gorge is. Woof! Enjoy tonight in Saratoga and wishing you a safe ride home.

David

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2011, 09:09:48 PM »
What a great day! Thanks to all. Kathy and I just got home after dinner and a stroll up and down Broadway in Saratoga and conversation in the hotel lobby before parting ways. Everyone that still needs to ride home, do so safely 'cause I'm really looking forward to next time! Thankt to Bob for putting together such a nice time.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline mr t

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2011, 08:04:17 AM »
- Bob--Thank you for setting up the ride Saturday. I had a great time. Nice to see you and Blaise again and a pleasure to meet and ride with Alex and David.   Tom Taylor COG#7173