The C-14, aka Kawasaki Concours-14, the new one :) > Accessories and modifications - C14/GTR 1400

Try a windshield for free....

(1/121) > >>

powrtrippin:
Ok, the original thread is gone and I have no idea who is next in line to try these nor do I know who the original owner/thread starter was. Anyone have any ideas?

As for the windshields, tried the decided to try the V-Stream first since it was the only one I was interested in. HOLY FRIGGIN HUGE WINDSHIELD, BATMAN! Not only was it huge but it looked like an eyesore in comparison to the sleek lines of the C14. But, I decided to try it on the road anyway. First thing I noticed was the stream of air that normally hit me in the chest was gone. I don't know that that's a good thing, though since a nice breeze to the chest on a hot day is really refreshing. Second, in the "fully up" position it felt really strange looking through the windshield. Almost annoying. So much so that I kept it lowered enough that I could see over it. Last thing I noticed was that in the "fully up" position, at highway speeds (75mph~) I could carry on a conversation with my wife on the back of the bike.... Not through bluetooth, just straight up talking. That was pretty cool but not cool enough to justify the negatives I had for it. It would probably be a nice windshield to keep the cold air off you in the wintertime but for the upcoming summer, I need more air.

Since the second windshield that came was even bigger I decided not to even install it. I'll likely keep the stock one or find a shorter aftermarket model.

So, who gets these next? I can have them out by the end of the week.

ZedHed:
Can I get in on this?  If so, please PM me and I'll reply back with shipping info....

thanks,  Rob

jaclaw:
I was on the old list but well down,  I'm still interested.  Jim Chamberlin

gildaguz:
I was next after someone that was after powrtripping, so i allready fordward my adress to powrtripping, so if that member do not report i'm first in the list

POWRTRIPPING
GILDAGUZ

gildaguz:

--- Quote from: powrtrippin on May 23, 2011, 08:33:52 AM ---Ok, the original thread is gone and I have no idea who is next in line to try these nor do I know who the original owner/thread starter was. Anyone have any ideas?

As for the windshields, tried the decided to try the V-Stream first since it was the only one I was interested in. HOLY FRIGGIN HUGE WINDSHIELD, BATMAN! Not only was it huge but it looked like an eyesore in comparison to the sleek lines of the C14. But, I decided to try it on the road anyway. First thing I noticed was the stream of air that normally hit me in the chest was gone. I don't know that that's a good thing, though since a nice breeze to the chest on a hot day is really refreshing. Second, in the "fully up" position it felt really strange looking through the windshield. Almost annoying. So much so that I kept it lowered enough that I could see over it. Last thing I noticed was that in the "fully up" position, at highway speeds (75mph~) I could carry on a conversation with my wife on the back of the bike.... Not through bluetooth, just straight up talking. That was pretty cool but not cool enough to justify the negatives I had for it. It would probably be a nice windshield to keep the cold air off you in the wintertime but for the upcoming summer, I need more air.

Since the second windshield that came was even bigger I decided not to even install it. I'll likely keep the stock one or find a shorter aftermarket model.

So, who gets these next? I can have them out by the end of the week.

--- End quote ---
So there are two or thee windshields to try?, i would like one just a little taller than the stock but not that big as the  V-Stream that you describe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version