Author Topic: Schnitz Racing ECU flash  (Read 11486 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Schnitz Racing ECU flash
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2018, 05:46:50 PM »
Interesting analogy.

yep, I thought the exact same 2 words...

then I thought about it... and I truly understand the reason that word is spelled as it is...in some cases.

and it does apply to reasoning...

damn, I guess diet, and situps were out of the question.

:banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nuts: :nuts: :censored:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2018, 08:35:24 PM »
75 bucks will get me the two things I'm looking for;

Gear Based Fuel Trims Removed from Gears 1-3.
Secondary Throttle Blades Open More Aggressively And Stay Open.

Cool... except there are no gear based fuel trims to be removed.

Yes, I know for sure, we both use the same interface equipment.

Look at their drop down box for available exhaust system fuel mapping. very impressive... probably 20 different systems supported.

it's  only a small issue there is that those systems do not exist

steve

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2018, 10:20:04 PM »
75 bucks will get me the two things I'm looking for;

Gear Based Fuel Trims Removed from Gears 1-3.
Secondary Throttle Blades Open More Aggressively And Stay Open.

steve

I don't have any special equipment or tuner knowledge/experience to prove anything, however I've been reading and following forums about the C14 for almost 8years and I've never heard of any special fuel trim for 1st-3rd gear. I did hear that the secondary flies opened differently for the lower gears and that those who didn't want to remove the flies could buy a device that would fool the ECU into thinking it was always in 6th gear....but then that is really covered by the more aggressive opening of the secondaries so perhaps you are only getting that one thing for your 75 bucks. However if you're happy with that and have other uses for the extra coinage on hand then more power to you.
 I wish I had only paid $75 for my Guhl flash when I purchased it. I'm pretty sure that's all I got out of it was what you did, more aggressive fly opening. Only I paid a lot more.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2018, 05:43:41 AM »
I wish I had only paid $75 for my Guhl flash when I purchased it. I'm pretty sure that's all I got out of it was what you did, more aggressive fly opening. Only I paid a lot more.

Me too
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2018, 06:23:01 AM »
[Since my post on that the weather has cooled down a lot., 40s. On my last ride I felt the front wheel hit the ground twice. I had the Trac control on. Never had that happen in the other 25000 I have put on the bike. More power in the cold? Or better traction? I don't know.
Wayne

quote author=Gabriel link=topic=23665.msg297308#msg297308 date=1540904449]
You may find this interesting;
My 2008 C14 would flip over backwards with a full twist of the throttle in low gear. (slip-on)
My 2009 C14 would just lift the front tire maybe an inch? (even after flies removed with slip-on)
My 2011 C14 is somewhere in between but no where near going over backwards. (stock)
[/quote]
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2018, 05:57:41 AM »
[Since my post on that the weather has cooled down a lot., 40s. On my last ride I felt the front wheel hit the ground twice. I had the Trac control on. Never had that happen in the other 25000 I have put on the bike. More power in the cold? Or better traction? I don't know.
Wayne

It's more power. Cold /dry air has more oxygen in it, and can make more power. It's certainly not better traction, the colder a road / tire is, the more slippery it is. Steve

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2018, 03:21:37 PM »

Yes, I know for sure, we both use the same interface equipment.

Look at their drop down box for available exhaust system fuel mapping. very impressive... probably 20 different systems supported.

it's  only a small issue there is that those systems do not exist

steve

I of course don't know except if you pull the flies it makes a big difference in the part throttle response . Maybe he's opening those plates up early or further?
There is one thing for sure I will know for sure before to long if what he does make a difference.
My bike is stock so all those glass pack tunings won't matter to me....

Offline Gabriel

• Near Galveston
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2018, 03:40:44 PM »
One of the complaints I heard of Schnitz is they are not great returning emails.. While this may or may not  be true, they were very responsive via phone and the turn around on the unit was super quick.
I have emailed him three times and he has always returned my emails with-in 24 hours or less. (he does not know me, I do not know him)
You mentioned that you were experiencing some engine vibes;
I noticed I had/have some also between 3500 and 6K, I wanted to re-torque the engine mounts but i just had the fairings off last week and did not want to pull them again so I just checked the rear bolts.
They were really off, One was hand tight at most and the other was in excess of 50 Lbs (should be 11lbs). So I tightened them to the correct torque and rode the bike. About half of what I felt is gone so the next time I have the fairings off I will do it correctly as per the manual... just a thought you may want to check yours.