Author Topic: Tornado warning!  (Read 4234 times)

Offline Conrad

Tornado warning!
« on: May 13, 2011, 12:54:39 PM »
My city is under a tornado warning right now, the sirens are going off and everyone is in a panic. My office is in the basement of a 5 story building I ain't worried. I did go get my bike and bring it inside the building though. It's nice to be near the loading dock.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

Re: Tornado warning!
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 01:01:17 PM »
Be safe.  Man am I glad I only have rain to deal with.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 01:04:30 PM »
Thanks Chet. It's really dark out and the folks are siting in the hallways down here eating. The sirens are still going off.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Bob

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 01:07:16 PM »
Hopefully it will pass without trouble!

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 01:11:15 PM »
A little humor here-remember, it didnt happen unless ya have pics 8)

Back in '97 whilst in Ft Jackson we had a hurricane warning that closed down the schools, we of course, took the opportunity to visit some of the finer night time establishments, I was the DD.  On the ride home I decided we was stupid.  Seeing large chunks of trees rushing accross the hiway confirmed it.  They were feeling the effects of the nights events and coulda cared less.  So, again, do be safe, mama nature doesnt play favorites.

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 02:05:24 PM »
Stay safe Conrad, you're one of the reasons I look up to the night sky! Hey, why in the hell did you leave your home today of all days.. Don't you know it's Friday the 13th!!!
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »
Wow, I didn't even think about it being the 13th! You're right, I should have stayed home.

No worries. A tornado was sighted on the ground but there aren't any reports of damage. It's just raining cats and dogs, maybe a frog or two as well, right now. Looks like I'll have a wet ride home today, I hope I don't melt. I wish I would have worn my other boots dang it!

Whoa! Almost 4 inches of rain in 45 mins. Connie might turn into a boat before it's all said and done.

Offline MizzouMike

• Arena
  • How do you remove the rain magnet on this thing?
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 02:45:30 PM »
It's nice to be near the loading dock.

I also work in the basement, w/o windows, the office where they sound the sirens is down the hall, so we ususally have about 10 extra seconds warning.   I do not have a loading dock, so when (I live in Kansas, it is always a question of when) a tornado comes, my bike will be toast, but hopefully I will be able to salvage the farkles :D
NEKansas  AMA#273766, COG#8862, IBA#44917
2000 Concours 2001 KLR, 2013 HD Ultra Classic

Offline Conrad

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2011, 03:09:01 PM »
I also work in the basement, w/o windows, the office where they sound the sirens is down the hall, so we ususally have about 10 extra seconds warning.   I do not have a loading dock, so when (I live in Kansas, it is always a question of when) a tornado comes, my bike will be toast, but hopefully I will be able to salvage the farkles :D

Same here Mike, no windows in my office. In fact, the one outside wall is underground.

Connie resting easy in the back of the loading dock.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2011, 04:01:13 PM »
Oh man, basement?  And it's raining really hard?  Man the pumps, if the wind dont get ya, the water will :P

Offline HndaTch627

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2011, 07:10:44 PM »
you know what the funny part is, yesterday during the tornado warning and today as well it was clear blue skies in palatine.  One of my co-workers lives up in mchenry and stayed late yesterday to wait for the weather to pass.

Offline MizzouMike

• Arena
  • How do you remove the rain magnet on this thing?
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 07:58:17 PM »
Same here Mike, no windows in my office. In fact, the one outside wall is underground.

Connie resting easy in the back of the loading dock.
Brilliant!

Maybe I can snake the bike in the handicapped entrance!!! :rotflmao:
NEKansas  AMA#273766, COG#8862, IBA#44917
2000 Concours 2001 KLR, 2013 HD Ultra Classic

Offline Conrad

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 05:14:26 AM »
Oh man, basement?  And it's raining really hard?  Man the pumps, if the wind dont get ya, the water will :P

Well, there is a sub basement with LOTS of pumps and such. It was still raining when going home time came around and guess who didn't have his rain gear?