Author Topic: What makes me crazy and annoyed..  (Read 317537 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: What makes me crazy and annoyed..
« Reply #1875 on: January 13, 2019, 07:30:33 am »
One of my very favorite definitions: 'Tact, the act of rubbing out another's mistake rather than rubbing it in.'. Not to say that you made any mistakes, just that the overall sentiment in that line applies I think.

If that idea is expanded a little more to include manners and a reasonable amount of respect for other people, the world would be a better place. It sounds really odd to say, but I believe this is true: things like mass shootings are nothing but bad manners 'writ large'.... seriously. Imagine how much better things would be if all of us made, oh, perhaps a 20% effort to simply be nice and respect other's. I mean while driving, being neighbors, shopping in a store, etc. etc. instead of making what all too often seems like an 85% effort to be obnoxious and punish anything even remotely perceived as the slightest misbehavior. I certainly do not claim to have reached this level of continuous behavior but mostly I do try.... as I suspect the vast majority of people do. Remember, it is only a very small fraction of the population that ever makes 'the news' and that is almost always with some type of..... er, 'misadventure'.

Anyway, back to your normally scheduled broadcast of 'What makes me crazy and annoyed....'.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian

Why thank you, Brian. You sanitized that nicely.    ;)

You left out one small but very non vocal voting group. The non voting populace.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Conrad

« Reply #1876 on: January 13, 2019, 07:35:13 am »
That's the problem right there, Brian. We shouldn't have to 'try to be 20% nicer and respect other's'. This should come naturally. I know, I know. A perfect world and all that ****...

:)

One of my very favorite definitions: 'Tact, the act of rubbing out another's mistake rather than rubbing it in.'. Not to say that you made any mistakes, just that the overall sentiment in that line applies I think.

If that idea is expanded a little more to include manners and a reasonable amount of respect for other people, the world would be a better place. It sounds really odd to say, but I believe this is true: things like mass shootings are nothing but bad manners 'writ large'.... seriously. Imagine how much better things would be if all of us made, oh, perhaps a 20% effort to simply be nice and respect other's. I mean while driving, being neighbors, shopping in a store, etc. etc. instead of making what all too often seems like an 85% effort to be obnoxious and punish anything even remotely perceived as the slightest misbehavior. I certainly do not claim to have reached this level of continuous behavior but mostly I do try.... as I suspect the vast majority of people do. Remember, it is only a very small fraction of the population that ever makes 'the news' and that is almost always with some type of..... er, 'misadventure'.

Anyway, back to your normally scheduled broadcast of 'What makes me crazy and annoyed....'.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Brian
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #1877 on: January 13, 2019, 09:33:02 am »
That's the problem right there, Brian. We shouldn't have to 'try to be 20% nicer and respect other's'. This should come naturally. I know, I know. A perfect world and all that ****...

:)

:rotflmao:   ::)
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.