Author Topic: A thread about nothing at all....  (Read 420471 times)

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
Re: A thread about nothing at all....
« Reply #3135 on: May 13, 2018, 12:04:03 am »
Clothes (or tumble as they are commonly called) dyiers are commonplace.

Many are combined in the same machine as the washer itself and use a condensing system so no tubing required to vent them.

That said there is something just nice about clothes that have been dried naturally in the sun and breeze on a good old fashioned washing line
Those are easy to find- they are the long, narrow slats that one drapes the wet clothes over..... Clothes driers are rare in Europe and I assume this is true of the UK also (yes, I know the UK is part of Europe but it is.... a different part where the mainland European 'rules and methods' often do not apply).

Brian
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3136 on: May 13, 2018, 05:29:00 am »
Clothes (or tumble as they are commonly called) dyiers are commonplace.

Many are combined in the same machine as the washer itself and use a condensing system so no tubing required to vent them.

That said there is something just nice about clothes that have been dried naturally in the sun and breeze on a good old fashioned washing line

As long as the local birds don't use the clean clothes for 'target practice'.    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3137 on: May 13, 2018, 06:12:53 am »
Clothes (or tumble as they are commonly called) dryers are commonplace. Many are combined in the same machine as the washer itself and use a condensing system so no tubing required to vent them.

That is pretty neat.  I think I have only seen one "all in one" machine before.  Good for saving space, but doubles the time to do laundry.

Eeew.  Towels that are rough and crispy.  Colors faded from UV.  Clothes full of pollen allergens.  Clothesline marks.  Bird mess.  Squirrels running across.  Humidity.

I'll take a dryer :)
Guhl ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3138 on: May 13, 2018, 06:30:53 am »
Our first home in South Carolina had the washer/dryer in the kitchen.
  "LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  08-C14 EA FC ABS 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology.  U.N.I.T is Back!  2016 Indian Roadmaster.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #3139 on: May 13, 2018, 08:59:51 am »
That is pretty neat.  I think I have only seen one "all in one" machine before.  Good for saving space, but doubles the time to do laundry.

Only if you have a second load to do whilst the first load is drying ;)
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3140 on: May 13, 2018, 09:41:37 am »
Only if you have a second load to do whilst the first load is drying ;)

Very true.  But I suspect most or at least many of us do....
Speaking of which, I am washing three loads this morning.
Guhl ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, HID, helmet locks, Garmin Zumo 450, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,  Tourmaster Flex II

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3141 on: May 13, 2018, 10:18:10 am »
Try to keep up , max.
Thank God for good men willing to do extreme violence.

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #3142 on: May 13, 2018, 02:20:41 pm »
I finally found it..... the reason for the 'face-palm' emoticon. We do not seem to have one around here, which is rather amazing IMO. Anyway, it is used a lot and often fits pretty well but I finally found the absolutely ideal, perfect 'thing' for that emoticon.....

https://www.facebook.com/lchaithesis/videos/364837930674880/

What makes it so special is that this happened at Cornell, not Springfield Community College (on the Simpsons) during a night class. Oh no, this happened at a REAL school and as it appears to be a dissertation, it means that this person is a graduate student, having already received a Bachelor's degree and gone on with at least another 1 1/2 years of formal education.

Yep, these are certainly the people I want tinkering around and 'improving' my Constitution. (the next word suggested by my spell- checker after 'constitution' was 'constipation', and I had to think about that for a moment as to which one applied best)

Brian (who is typing this while wearing clothes)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3143 on: May 14, 2018, 09:59:26 am »
I finally found it..... the reason for the 'face-palm' emoticon. We do not seem to have one around here, which is rather amazing IMO. Anyway, it is used a lot and often fits pretty well but I finally found the absolutely ideal, perfect 'thing' for that emoticon.....

https://www.facebook.com/lchaithesis/videos/364837930674880/

What makes it so special is that this happened at Cornell, not Springfield Community College (on the Simpsons) during a night class. Oh no, this happened at a REAL school and as it appears to be a dissertation, it means that this person is a graduate student, having already received a Bachelor's degree and gone on with at least another 1 1/2 years of formal education.

Yep, these are certainly the people I want tinkering around and 'improving' my Constitution. (the next word suggested by my spell- checker after 'constitution' was 'constipation', and I had to think about that for a moment as to which one applied best)

Brian (who is typing this while wearing clothes)

Sorry, couldn't get past the 2 minute mark.

Offline Rubber_Snake

• 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #3144 on: May 14, 2018, 10:05:47 am »
It was painful to watch.

1.  Because she’s a terrible speaker.
2.  Because stripping down to her underwear didn’t help, it was just sad. 

:_shudder_Emoticon
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 42k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Symtec heat demon grips, V-Steam windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash.

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3145 on: May 14, 2018, 01:33:32 pm »
That was my point- sad, miss- directed, a foolish response, not much of a point about others criticizing any person's clothing. I think I understand her motivation, I just do not agree that what she did was an effective way to respond. In fact, I think the best response would either be 1) no response, or 2) a quiet (i.e., NOT FaceTwit!!!!!) but firm statement, probably best in writing, to the president of the University.... with all her clothes on.

Some of these newer 'responses' to perceived or perhaps even real insults are strange and again, IMO, not nearly as effective as they could be. I am speaking generally here; no doubt in cases such as Harvey Weinstein, someone had to run the proverbial flag way, way up the flagpole at personal embarrassment, personal criticism and attacks, and very likely damage or even outright loss of the whistle-blower's livelihood.

Makes me wonder if the same person had a stranger visit her domicile and commented on it being too cold there if this woman would set herself on fire to 'teach him a lesson'?

Brian

edited to add words to make the last sentence make sense. :-(

It was painful to watch.

1.  Because she’s a terrible speaker.
2.  Because stripping down to her underwear didn’t help, it was just sad. 

:_shudder_Emoticon
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:50:35 pm by B.D.F. »
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #3146 on: May 14, 2018, 01:34:15 pm »
Jump forward to 2:45 and watch.

Brian

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3147 on: May 14, 2018, 02:05:36 pm »
Jump forward to 2:45 and watch.

Brian

That poor human being has issues. I suspect primarily caused by disinformation poison disguised as education.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 03:46:35 pm by Rhino »

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #3148 on: May 14, 2018, 03:16:32 pm »

Me neither.  I zoomed to see her undress and then aborted.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #3149 on: May 15, 2018, 02:51:32 pm »
I just read more about this video. Apparently she was presenting her senior thesis at Cornell University. I looked it up and on average, Cornell costs $67,000/year or $280,000 for a 4 year degree. I think she should demand her money back as they obviously didn't teach her anything of value.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:48:41 pm by Rhino »