Author Topic: New member Pacific NW area  (Read 854 times)

Offline drsessum

• Former PacNW Motor LEO
    • MoPower2U
New member Pacific NW area
« on: September 02, 2020, 10:50:46 PM »
Hey All,

Almost 30 years ago I owned a red ZG1000 and was a member of the Concours Owners Group.  That was back when everything was done via maillist.  Fast forward, I'm a retired LEO from a NW city.  I rode KZ1000s and later Beemers for 11 years while on the job.  I moved to a car then retired in 2014. 

I just acquired a 2009 Concours 14 ABS from a my brother who lives in Houston.  He bought it new and only used it for 2012 miles.  That's what was on it when I picked it up.  He offered it up, no strings.  I jumped on a plane and rented a truck to bring it back to the NW.  I would have ridden it, but it needed a lot of TLC from sitting in the humidity. 

I've already added 400 miles to it and looking forward to more.  It's been way too long.

2009 ABS, Shodabeen Mountain Runner ECU, Chopped Muffler, All LED, Front & Rear Marker Lights, Brake Light Strobe, 430Hz & 510Hz Horns, Koso Heated Grips, RAM X-Grip, Halo Cam M1 DVR system.  A trained, not tamed tiger.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: New member Pacific NW area
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 01:17:25 PM »
Excellent!  Glad you're here!  I was on that list many eons ago.  Also owned a C10 before an 08-C14. 
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.