Author Topic: Hello again!  (Read 1140 times)

Offline jacksdad

Hello again!
« on: November 28, 2020, 01:10:17 PM »
Hi, not been on here for a long while....
Being honest I was using 'the other forum' up until recently, and not visited here for that reason.
Things are much the same as last time I was on here, but my health has improved somewhat and I'm once again resurrecting my 1995 A9 UK Gtr1000  ;D
I've since fitted a replacement cylinder head as the original one had an oil leak caused by the previous owner fitting a bolt into the RH outer exhaust mount, which pierced the oilway behind it  ::)
Also just about rebuilt the entire bike, new bearings everywhere, replacement oil cooler, coolant radiator, cam chain, home made manual tensioner, POR15 sealed fuel tank, repainted wheels, rebuilt/painted brake calipers, EBC pads, braided brake lines, new Delkevic exhausts (to be fitted) etc etc.....and then the carbs...
Having real problems with them, which is the only thing keeping me off the road now! All greatly detailed on the other site.
Going to remove carbs,and re-check the fuel heights, alter the pilot screws a little, and balance, that's me up to date!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Hello again!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 02:54:39 PM »
Glad you've popped in!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
Re: Hello again!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 06:30:50 AM »
Welcome back, Jack  :thumbs:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK