Author Topic: Last Sunday's Ride  (Read 1690 times)

Offline Mr. Green Genes

Last Sunday's Ride
« on: October 04, 2015, 12:12:48 PM »
There was a Veteran's gathering that caught my interest down in La Grange last Sunday and it was an exceptionally nice day so I headed down that way.  Turned out to be about a 500 mile day.  The interesting part was that somewhere along the way, my E3 rear broke a belt or something because as I was leaving La Grange, headed back to Dallas, I felt an odd vibration in my rear tire.  By the time I got back to Dallas and hit some slow traffic, I could feel the rear end pogoing about an inch on every revolution.  Upon inspection, it looks like tread separation was in the near future. 

Historically, E3's are my favorite tires.  I only had about 10,000 miles on that tire and I usually get about 17,000 from a pair.  The front still looks good so I think I will try 1 of those $90 Shinkos.  In 5-7000 miles it should be time for another new set all around. 

Offline Cold Streak

Re: Last Sunday's Ride
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2015, 02:10:05 PM »
This LaGrange?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vppbdf-qtGU

Was it a home out on the range?

That would scare me to have my tire go bad like that.  I've had two nails in my rears over the years on my C14.  65k miles.  I've never picked up a nail before in any tire.  Makes me wonder about what's going on with the tire set up.  Then again I've been lucky and was ready to replace both tires when it happened, so ...