Author Topic: A rather large bathroom  (Read 1330 times)

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
A rather large bathroom
« on: January 14, 2013, 03:33:16 PM »
     A woman was writing to inquire about campground facilities for a vacation. Not wanting to write “toilet” she thought of the old-fashioned term “bathroom commode”. Thinking even that might be too forward, she shortened it to “B.C.”
     The campground owner, nor being old-fashioned at all, was stumped by the B.C. business in the letter. After much deliberation, he figured she must be asking for the location of the local Baptist Church. So, he sent her the following reply:
     “ I have the pleasure of informing you that the B.C. is located six miles north of the campgrounds. It is capable of seating 250 people at a time. I will admit that is quite a distance away if you are in the habit of going regularly, but no doubt you will be pleased to know that a great number of people take a lunch and make a day of it.
     The last time my wife and I went was six years ago, and it was so crowded that we had to stand up the whole time. Right now, there is a supper planned to raise money for more seats. It will be held in the basement of the B.C. It pains me that I am not able to go more regularly, but it is not for lack of desire on my part. As we grow older, it seems to be more of an effort, particularly in cold weather.
     If you decide to come down to our campground, perhaps I could go with you the first time, sit with you and introduce you to all the folks. This is a friendly community.”
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours