Author Topic: Dogs  (Read 2736 times)

Offline sgilbert14

Dogs
« on: April 13, 2013, 05:12:43 AM »
Stupid things that amaze me:
I was playing with my little dog when he started to dig at the edge of my bed where it meets the wall. Apparently there was one of his baby tennis balls that fell down there. What is amazing is that this little dog can smell his toy 2’ under bed, bedding and 2 boxes of books and I thought – What would it be like if peoples noses work like that?
Next he smelled down a treat that he apparently forgot that he hid in a broom closet some time ago – again what if…..
Next, in a sound sleep 2 rooms away he smells toast in the toaster and runs a full tilt to see if he could have the last bite..  wow what a nose!
Then the cat goes his little box take a stinking crap and I watch as my dog with the nose that amazes me runs up a shoves his nose in the cats butt for a smell  …..  Why ? I could smell the cat from 5 feet away and I could only think: Maybe dogs should smell things like people

Offline jim_de_hunter

Re: Dogs
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 06:07:53 AM »
Dog was probably trying to figure out how so much stink could come from such a small animal.  Surely that cat had a hippo or something up his butt to make a smell like that.   :o

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline Mojoh

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 08:45:42 PM »
This made me LOLZ.  I'm with you, I can't figure out why my dogs need to stick their noses in each others behinds, but still can smell a treat 100' away.  I know after smelling one of their farts I can't smell anything for a while.  ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 04:51:49 AM »
This made me LOLZ.  I'm with you, I can't figure out why my dogs need to stick their noses in each others behinds, but still can smell a treat 100' away.  I know after smelling one of their farts I can't smell anything for a while.  ;D

They gotta get close so that they don't miss out on any of those nuances. Like what they had for lunch the day before.   ;D
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Mojoh

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 11:15:07 AM »
They gotta get close so that they don't miss out on any of those nuances. Like what they had for lunch the day before.   ;D

And that just made me think of a scene from Bio Dome  :o

Madcow

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 02:10:57 PM »
This dog was looking for something to eat.

I took the pic at the K-9 competition yesterday.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 02:14:51 PM »
I guess that guy REALLY likes dogs...    :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 04:10:10 AM »
I'd be real nervous around that dog even with the padding.  :yikes:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 05:19:55 AM »
as per Lather/Conrad.... 'Nothing worse than having your balls go missing'.