Author Topic: Delkevic Exhaust Group Buy C 14  (Read 47957 times)

Offline udoggie

Re: Delkevic Exhaust Group Buy C 14
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 07:56:17 PM »
I'm really tempted to jump on this -- The price seems right, and I HATE the look of the stock muffler.

That said though, I am rather mechanically, ah challenged.

Is installing this as easy as removing the bolt on the pipe at the cat converter, and the bracket, and replacing them with the new pipe/can?

Thanks,  -Jeff
Aloha, OR.

Offline JerBear

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2013, 08:18:51 PM »
Jeff, if you have Allen wrenches and 30 minutes this can be done easily.  As jobs go it is oil change easy in fact Delkevic doesn't even send instructions, You will need a stainless steel 3/8 bolt with a lock washer and a nut (about a buck) to do the job.  Heck, get to know your bike and don't tighten the joints too hard until they are all lined up and it is where you want it, then tighten them all up good and snug.  A word of advice, there are three mounting points on the stock can and only two on the Delkevic and the rubber bumper from the stocker comes out and you can re-install it in the center stand hole.
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline udoggie

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2013, 10:19:47 PM »
Jeff, if you have Allen wrenches and 30 minutes this can be done easily.  As jobs go it is oil change easy in fact Delkevic doesn't even send instructions, You will need a stainless steel 3/8 bolt with a lock washer and a nut (about a buck) to do the job.  Heck, get to know your bike and don't tighten the joints too hard until they are all lined up and it is where you want it, then tighten them all up good and snug.  A word of advice, there are three mounting points on the stock can and only two on the Delkevic and the rubber bumper from the stocker comes out and you can re-install it in the center stand hole.

Cool, thanks for the info/advice!  I'll be calling them tomorrow!

Jeff
Aloha, OR.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2013, 11:13:16 PM »
It does sound and look very nice "especially for the price".
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Snype

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 11:46:28 AM »
Is it worth it to just change the pipe?  I'm considering a complete piping -cat...  or this and a reflash

Snype

Offline pasini510

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2013, 04:38:20 PM »
Hi
Just got my Tri Oval CF slip on and was a breeze to install. I like the throaty sound without being too loud. Looks great and Im not doing anything else cept maybe a less restrictive air cleaner.
Buy it, You wont be sorry!
Andre

Offline speed545

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2013, 05:57:01 PM »
well, the slip on arrived today but there s a missing part. I guess I should have a metal strap to attach the muffler to the frame bracket

no strap.............damn
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline udoggie

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2013, 08:50:41 PM »
Ordered mine earlier today, and it will be shipping tomorrow.

It was a bit of a challenge getting thru, but I did get a call back fairly quick, and was able to get in on the deal.

(They were quite busy today, but that's a good thing.)

Now the wait for UPS, sigh.

Thanks everyone for the advice and info in the thread.  It was very helpful!

Jeff
Aloha, OR.

Offline bombsquad1201

• Robots know blue is faster
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 06:40:22 PM »
Kawasaki ZG1400 Concours 08-12 Stainless Steel 17" Tri-Oval EXHAUST Muffler

What an elegant solution to the potatoe launcher. Super easy to install.
I was concern when gpink mentioned the possibly that the Delkevic exhaust/muffler might be less than legal.
I took a dp reading of the launcher before changing it for the 17" Tri-Oval,
The launcher was 78 db at idle, the Delkevic exhaust/muffler was 72 db at idle.
Rode most of he week and the sound is smooth and no louder than the launcher, I am very happy as I was hoping it would not be louder than the original.
Thanks to the lady's at Delkevic.

J.

Offline speed545

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 09:21:17 AM »
just finished the installation. It s a bit louder then I tought. Silencer still in. I ll take it for a ride later and see.

As far a s i m concern, it s perfect. I m just worrying about the wife reaction  ::)
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2013, 06:18:10 AM »
Grrrrr!  I was thinking about this exhaust for a while and just stumbled upon this group buy today after the cut off date!  Just sent them a message - here's to hoping for a break.  That's what I get taking too long to get out of hibernation mode. 
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline udoggie

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 10:23:00 PM »

Well, I received it today, and installed it this evening.

A couple of thoughts -- First, I didn't need the bolt/washer/nut that I bought.  It came with everything, including an extra rubber cover for the clamp.

It also came with the rubber plug for the center stand "bumper".

It definitely took more than 30 minutes.  Given a bunch of trips to and from the toolbox to get more stuff, it took about an hour.

Part of that was that I had to remove the Canyon Cage rear crash guard.  It completely covered the bolt that the new clamp attached to.

The tip about having one more bolt to remove than is replaced was quite helpful!

Anyway, I fired her up, and really like the new sound.

Thanks all for the advice and help.  And hats off to the fine folks at Delkevic!

Jeff
Aloha, OR.

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 09:12:15 AM »
Well I missed out on the group buy, but the staff at Delkevic were very friendly and still gave me a break, though not as good as the group buy, but still showed they care. 

The can went on pretty easily, looks and sounds great! 

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline speed545

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2013, 04:55:31 PM »
well, the slip on arrived today but there s a missing part. I guess I should have a metal strap to attach the muffler to the frame bracket

no strap.............damn

got the strap today. And they gave me a Delkevic multitool as a gift. Nice gesture from them
08, Concours 14
Montreal Fire Dept