Author Topic: Stuff that makes you scratch your head and wonder...  (Read 29950 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Stuff that makes you scratch your head and wonder...
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 05:43:43 PM »
I had a perma- temp aux. fuel tank setup on my bike one time that made me scratch my head and wonder.... if I could really go faster than a gasoline fire spreads.

Brian

::) Makes me scratch my head and wonder :o
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2014, 05:49:26 PM »
::) Makes me scratch my head and wonder :o

:)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Jaxter

• Blue might not be fastest, but it's my favorite
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2014, 06:59:56 PM »
what makes me wonder...those orange signs WARNING MOTORCYCLES USE EXTREME CAUTION! Like those of us on motorcycles constantly go around using less than extreme caution at all other locations...for some reason these signs irritate me! I think the signs should read WARNING ALL MORONS GET OFF THE ROAD IMMEDIATELY!, but I know that the morons on the road are clueless and wouldn't realize that the sign was meant for them...OK I am done with this rant.
I've Never Had A Better Day

Offline jim_de_hunter

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2014, 07:41:39 PM »
Why some people answer with a paragraph a question that needs only a one word answer.

2006 ZG1000 "The Blue Monster"

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2014, 08:47:08 PM »
I would have written a shorter letter, but I did not have the time.
Blaise Pascal

Brian

Why some people answer with a paragraph a question that needs only a one word answer.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 10:53:07 AM »
People who call and leave a long convoluted involved message on your machine instead of just saying "call me", and then when you call them back, they proceed to tell you the same thing they just said into the machine, and with this one woman, its the same thing you just talked about an hour prior, AND, she'll send an email on the same topic and write the same thing you just talked about. That's power and control working there.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2014, 11:22:22 AM »
Driving with the family down I-20. A "kid" on a sport bike passed me doing about 80+ mph. He was wearing a $750 helmet, but his other gear was a tank top, cut-off shorts, flip-flops and no gloves. Well, that wasn't the part that caught my eye. It was the fact that he was riding with his right hand on the throttle and he was texting on his "smart" phone with his left.

When I was a kid, we watched a woman backing out of a parking space at the drug store. She immediately cut her wheels when she started back, so smashed her front left corner into the right front quarter-panel of the adjacent car. Pulled up slightly and did it again, only hitting the adjacent car about 6-12" further back. Pulled forward a bit, backed up again hitting the car another 6-12" further back. Repeat, repeat, repeat, until she had dented the entire left side of the adjacent car from the front wheel well to the back corner. Then proceeded to drive away, leaving no note or anything. Luckily my mom recognized the woman as a waitress at a resturant we frequented, plus wrote down the license plate number of her car. Gave that info to the unsuspecting drug store customer when she came out. That woman would probably have got into her car without even noticing the bashed right side if my mom hadn't pointed it out to her.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2014, 12:40:50 PM »
On my trek around the US in June I saw all kinds of odd things out on the road. The one that really caught my attention is when I was cruising across South Dakota on I90 doing about 85 a guy went flying by me and it looked like he was reading a book. I sped up to get next to him and yep he was holding a book to the steering wheel with both hands al looking up and down while doing 90+. WTF is up with that, has he not heard of audio books?

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2014, 12:47:04 PM »
On my trek around the US in June I saw all kinds of odd things out on the road. The one that really caught my attention is when I was cruising across South Dakota on I90 doing about 85 a guy went flying by me and it looked like he was reading a book. I sped up to get next to him and yep he was holding a book to the steering wheel with both hands al looking up and down while doing 90+. WTF is up with that, has he not heard of audio books?

Like this guy? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=944982042195170

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2014, 01:08:17 PM »
Like this guy? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=944982042195170
Bad or expired link, or maybe you need a FB account.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »
Bad or expired link, or maybe you need a FB account.

Apparently it has been taken down. Sorry.

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2014, 01:27:59 PM »
People that send you an email, then call or even walk over to tell you they sent you an email.  Then proceed to tell you all about what was in the email, and the rationale and/or thought process that led to it.
ZG used to send me an email then text me telling me that he just sent me mail, or sometimes he would text me telling me he was going to send me mail and I should make sure and look for it soon. :loco:

I had to tell him three or four times stop doing that.  ;D

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2014, 01:57:16 PM »
 :rotflmao:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2014, 02:01:54 PM »
ZG used to send me an email then text me telling me that he just sent me mail, or sometimes he would text me telling me he was going to send me mail and I should make sure and look for it soon. :loco:

We do it here all the time with: "PM sent"

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2014, 02:08:40 PM »
That's usually when someone gets territorial about a farkel that just got posted for sale.  :1DeadBanana

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2014, 02:08:47 PM »
That is different though. That is calling dibs on something for sale most of the time.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2014, 02:09:42 PM »
....great timing and great minds....

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2014, 03:42:45 PM »
I suspect Jay has been told three or four times to stop doing all kinds of thing over the years....

:rotflmao:

Brian

Offline Conrad

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2014, 05:12:39 AM »

Via text or e-mail?   ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2014, 06:18:54 AM »

Via text or e-mail?   ;)
If you didn't use both, you missed a great opportunity.

Text, email, a phone call, and snail mail would have been epic.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157