Author Topic: Clutch engagement adjustment?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
Clutch engagement adjustment?
« on: November 01, 2018, 07:42:28 PM »
I didn't see anything in the service manual, my clutch engages at the very end of the lever travel and I was wondering if I could have it engage slightly earlier.

I think I may have asked before and the answer is no, but I figured I would check again to be sure since I have a maintenance time coming up (oil, filter, final drive, check all other fluids).

Thanks,
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline jwh20

Re: Clutch engagement adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 04:14:24 AM »
There is a little numbered wheel on the clutch control lever.  Adjust that to control where in the lever's travel the clutch engages.

Offline SVonhof

• 2009 C14
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 06:56:10 AM »
There is a little numbered wheel on the clutch control lever.  Adjust that to control where in the lever's travel the clutch engages.
That little wheel only adjusts the distance from the grip that the lever sits, right? Not the engagement.
Scott
ZX-6D --> CBR600F3 --> TL1000R --> Concours 14
Mods: Two Bro's Titanium Slip-on, Shad SH46 trunk, PCA luggage rack, AeroFlow windscreen, Corbin saddles, Helibar risers, LED brake flashers, "divintymotor" (Ebay) LED tail light, ProjektD sidestand Bigfoot and Helmet locks, Vario Passenger pegs, Oxford Heaterz grips

Offline katata1100

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 08:29:42 AM »
Yes, but that does affect engagement. On cold mornings, I’ve noticed that the lever feels soft and clutch engagement is not good. After riding for about five minutes, it improves to being fine.

Offline jwh20

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 05:22:15 PM »
Yes, but that does affect engagement. On cold mornings, I’ve noticed that the lever feels soft and clutch engagement is not good. After riding for about five minutes, it improves to being fine.

In that case I think your problem is different from the original question here.  I'd flush your clutch lines and reservoir with fresh fluid and see if that clears things up.  If not, you probably need to rebuild the master and slave cylinder.