Author Topic: 2011 Concours CAN Bus - Data Logging and Decoding  (Read 10150 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: 2011 Concours CAN Bus - Data Logging and Decoding
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 03:22:55 PM »
MAN OF BLUES :

Finally figured it out, the libraries I was using didn't have any parameters for crystal frequency and therefore my baud rate was not correct.
Once I sorted that out I am getting data off the bus so with a little more programming I should be able to retrieve the data I need.

Thanks;

good luck with that.
If you read, what I explained that when a TPS sensor is installed, the sensor ID "must be manually input" thru the KDS, there by "creating a name" so to speak, all you will find is "sensor-unknown i.d.", and it won't allow it to be programmed to be linked to the ECU. via the sensor's internal matching ID code. Even the KDS 'sees' it... but it will NOT link it without that step. The KDS can't even "pull the code" from a sensor.. it only verifies it matches the coding number manually entered, and that matches the signal being transmitted during operation.

also note that all of these TPS sensors do not "broadcast" anything, unless the tire is spinning/rolling down the road.. sitting stationary it's a "turned off" unit.
I seriously suggest you simply peel the tire, get the code off the sensor, and be done. In the end, I think with all you are going thru, you will find this to be true.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline pmiller

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2019, 12:23:53 PM »
As a final update on this I filtered the ID's coming from the can bus looking for the 0x695 which is the Unknown sensor message.
With the data from those messages I took the ID to the dealer, through KDS he programed the front TPMS with the new ID.
All is now working and I can see both Front/Rear pressures.

Offline STC14JIM

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2019, 04:53:23 PM »
Very Cool !!

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2019, 07:10:27 PM »
WELLL....  amazing,
THAT WAS EASY. :rotflmao: :deadhorse:

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..