Author Topic: Front Won't Build Pressure  (Read 10273 times)

Offline okrider

• Dora: '11 Black
Re: Front Won't Build Pressure
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2020, 09:02:54 PM »
Plus, Gen 1 don't have linked brakes, anyway.

My bike is technically a Gen2? It's a 2011 with linked brakes
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline Michelle

• Saving the chubby unicorns
« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2020, 03:05:08 AM »
Plus, Gen 1 don't have linked brakes, anyway.

True. But nobody has a gen 1 like my one.  ;)
Neutron Silver 08 1400GTR ABS with KTRC K-ACT and ECO
Glitter White 2010 1400GTR
Windsor Green 1997 GTR1000

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2020, 03:58:48 PM »
My bike is technically a Gen2? It's a 2011 with linked brakes

Yep

Sorry, I got you mixed up with op!  (Not sure how, but it happens)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2020, 09:39:02 AM »
Okrider, if your still getting air out of the system {after all the bleeding you've done}, I'd have to suspect the master Cylinder.

Ride safe, Ted

Offline okrider

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2020, 10:20:05 AM »
So the way I'm doing the reverse bleeding is by filling the syringe from the master reservoir. I didn't get this burst of air during the first but during the second syringe full, which made me think it had to do with the lines going to the ABS pump. I think air keeps getting trapped in a high point.

But maybe it is the master cylinder, I don't know.. It makes no sense why it would fail all of a sudden as I'm rebuilding the calipers as it was working fine before..
'11 Black: Russel Day-Long, Mountain Runner, cage w/ highway pegs, 2Bros Slip-on, Helibars Horizon

Offline okrider

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2020, 10:35:20 AM »
I actually won't be too upset if it is the master cylinder that's faulty. Better it be broken than me finding out I butchered the caliper job somehow and failing to figure out how..

Just ordered a master cylinder rebuild kit. I'm quite deep into this project at this point, might as well rebuild that too so I don't have to think about it again..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2020, 11:22:44 AM »
That's the spirit!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline okrider

« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2020, 05:10:37 PM »
Here's the update:
After reading connie_rider's suggestion that it might be the master, I figured I'd give that a shot so I ordered a kit from Murph..

It arrived a couple days later and I took the master apart to find that the replacement kit I received looks pretty different compared to what came out. Quick email to Murph and turns out I bought the rebuild kit for the C10. So I cleaned everything and put it back together and bled it..

And that did it. I wouldn't say the brakes are as good as they can be, but at least they are consistent. I'm going to bleed them once more tomorrow. I think the reason brakes aren't biting as good right now is because I misplaced a couple pads and they need to re-bed.

But I can't complain. It's consistent and that's all I could ask for. I even left it with a ziptie overnight, and it felt the exact same today. So I guess what must've happened is I somehow got air trapped in the master cylinder..

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2020, 07:08:13 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline okrider

« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2020, 07:12:02 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Thanks! I needed that!

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2020, 10:03:17 AM »
Yahoooooooooo!!!!!
Ride safe, Ted

Offline okrider

« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2020, 10:55:41 AM »
Well, poop.. I left it with the ziptie on overnight, just went to check, and there was no brake pressure until I pumped it a couple times. I'm going to reverse bleed one more time, see if I get anything out, and then order a master rebuild kit..

Offline Rubber_Snake

• Arena
  • 2009 GTR1400 ABS, Black
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2020, 11:09:17 AM »
Well, poop.. I left it with the ziptie on overnight, just went to check, and there was no brake pressure until I pumped it a couple times. I'm going to reverse bleed one more time, see if I get anything out, and then order a master rebuild kit..

:censored: 

I’d get the rebuild kit.  Need to rule that out. 
2009 GTR 1400 ABS, 48k miles, AMSOIL synthetic 10W-40 (since new), AMSOIL synthetic 75W-90 final drive (since new). Helibar Horizons, Oxford heated grips, V-Stream windscreen, Mountain Runner Flash, Brian’s low fuel eliminator farkle, ST2 smart brake module and smart turn system, Two Brothers Black Series M5 w/P1X decibel killer.

Offline okrider

« Reply #93 on: April 05, 2020, 11:29:34 AM »
Just ordered the rebuild kit.. Waiting on a big set of crush washers as well as I don't want to keep reusing the ones I got.. I'll replace all crush washers with the master rebuild once that arrives, in the mean time, going to check the calipers for any leaks..

Offline okrider

« Reply #94 on: April 05, 2020, 12:11:52 PM »
Weird thing is, it kept pressure overnight before I did a test ride, and the bike was on the center stand. Left it on the side stand with the wheel turned left and the lever ziptied after the test ride and then I had no pressure in the lever. This is so confusing..

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #95 on: April 05, 2020, 02:49:07 PM »
I'm just going out on a limb, and suggesting replacing ALL of the bleeder fittings with new ones, and re doing the bleed, normal bleed, not assisted bleed. I think your fittings are the culprit.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline okrider

« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2020, 04:21:30 PM »
See, that would make sense if I didn't have speed bleeders, I've been swapping them back and forth at the calipers unfortunately to be able to do a reverse bleed. The problem with that is that the plumbers tape on the bleeders is getting torn and it leaks at the caliper fittings when I loosen it to bleed. I bought some plumbers tape today to put on the speed bleeders for when I install them back on the calipers.

Is it possible for it to leak air while it's tight?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 05:04:27 PM by okrider »

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #97 on: April 05, 2020, 05:17:36 PM »
MOB might have a good point.
Did the problem start after you installed the speed bleeders, or before?

Ride safe, Ted

Offline okrider

« Reply #98 on: April 05, 2020, 05:25:54 PM »
Problem started after I rebuilt the calipers, I believe I had the speed bleeders at that point as I bled the system it seems early February. I don't see any fluid leaks or anything, and there's no air coming out of the bleeders which makes me think it's not the bleeders that are leaking..

I guess I'll switch the caliper bleeders back to speed bleeders with new plumbers tape to see if it still has an issue while sideways..

Offline okrider

« Reply #99 on: April 08, 2020, 12:34:23 PM »
Update: Still waiting on the master rebuild kit. Still don't see any leaks. Bike holds pressure unless I go for a ride. If I go for a ride and come back and ziptie the lever, the pressure disappears an hour or two later. I just bled it while it's in this state, didn't see any air anywhere. Going to see what happens after I rebuild the master with new parts, if that doesn't work, going to install the used calipers I got..