Author Topic: Wisconsin drivers  (Read 5002 times)

Offline Conrad

Wisconsin drivers
« on: October 19, 2014, 07:26:47 AM »
Do the drivers in Wisconsin not know how to read a :censored: sign or what?

After many trips driving up to and in Door County over the summer and this fall, I have come to the conclusion that they do not!

Two lane roads with CLEARLY marked slow vehicle passing lanes. The damn sign says, "Slower traffic KEEP RIGHT". They even have signs telling drivers that the passing lane is coming up!!!

Yet the stupid :censored: with Wisconsin plates stay in the left lane.    :o    >:(   Assholes!

Just like this. See all the Wisconsin drivers in the left lane?  ::)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Wisconsin drivers
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 07:35:44 AM »
Hey, it's their state and you're a foreigner. What do you expect? It'll be different when they get the fence done.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 07:40:24 AM »
They do it all the time here.  You just want to grab them by their throats and  :battle: .   I don't understand why some drivers do that (travel in the left lane all the time).  I feel nervous staying in it unless I'm on an Interstate flowing with the traffic.  Must be genetic.  Many times it's because they're going to make a left turn in 20 miles and they want to be sure they're set up for it correctly.

What fence?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 07:58:52 AM »
Aren't we protecting our borders?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 08:06:37 AM »
They do it all the time here.  You just want to grab them by their throats and  :battle: .   I don't understand why some drivers do that (travel in the left lane all the time).  I feel nervous staying in it unless I'm on an Interstate flowing with the traffic.  Must be genetic.  Many times it's because they're going to make a left turn in 20 miles and they want to be sure they're set up for it correctly.

What fence?

:rotflmao:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 08:14:00 AM »
Makes no difference on gender, age, ethnicity.  I've seen the entire gamut going slow.  No one in my family does it(if they did, I'd give em an earful), so I can't ask why.  I rode (in a car) with a driver that did that and I felt so uncomfortable I wanted to jump out of the vehicle.  I didn't ask him about it because we wanted to sell him a system.  Didn't want to **** him off.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline BMahar

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2014, 10:23:28 AM »
  You should see how they drive in Lake Havasu City, Arizona when they arrive for the Winter. You can tell The Arrival of the Snow Birds by the broken tail light and headlight glass at every intersection.
  Other then the poor driving, they are very nice folks.
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2014, 08:21:24 PM »
Based on my experience driving all over the country, Wisconsin isn't the only offending state. People everywhere do that.

Another typical behavior is going 5 under the limit, but when they get to the passing zone they gas it and end up going 15 over. Once the passing zone is over, it's right back down to 5 under.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2014, 08:27:37 PM »
 :cannon:

Offline rrman1

• rode 75 z1 900 100k+ miles. love this 2001 C10
    • jim
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2014, 09:04:32 PM »
makes u want to push them on down the road like a senile semi driver did to a woman and her child for 10 miles, right before his vacation w the state.   as was said, some people take it as an attack on their dignity if u should be so boldly offensive as to dare to pass them anywhere.  what the heck was i thinking to try that?  i get a big laugh out of how people drive.  sometimes.
the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in love

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2014, 09:28:22 PM »
 I have driven in most states, and the worst driving offenders are the old retired "townies" that are out in the early afternoons and the Asian females around San Francisco.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 06:33:46 AM »
Put down your phone and wake up, doomasses.

I try and teach them, but one man can't fix this.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2014, 07:01:06 AM »
Put down your phone and wake up, doomasses.

I try and teach them, but one man can't fix this.
;D By the look of you avatar you're trying.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2014, 07:09:55 AM »
;D By the look of you avatar you're trying.
My wake is quite epic. ;D

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 07:20:59 AM »
Based on my experience driving all over the country, Wisconsin isn't the only offending state. People everywhere do that.

Another typical behavior is going 5 under the limit, but when they get to the passing zone they gas it and end up going 15 over. Once the passing zone is over, it's right back down to 5 under.
Have the same issues up here. As well as the self appointed speed police, they speed up to switch lanes then match the speed of the slower car to slow you down >:( . Douche-bag central. split lanes at this point 
had a few thoughtful drivers yesterday pull to the shoulder to let me pass ;D, they received a thumbs up unlike the others who usually get the flying Eagle.       

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 07:32:58 AM »
And here I thought Texas had a monopoly on that behavior. Must be universal.

Offline rrman1

• rode 75 z1 900 100k+ miles. love this 2001 C10
    • jim
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 08:40:05 AM »
the only thing that counts is faith expressing itself in love

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 11:15:52 AM »
We have the same problem in Colorado too... and it's even on slab... they'll loaf along in the left lane @ 5 under, and even give you a look of wonderment, as you pass them on the right giving them the "number one" hand sign!

If I'm not in a hurry... I'll pull in front of them, and left off the gas... slowing down... forcing them in to the right lane... then I'm on my way.  8) 
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 11:59:44 AM »
We have the same problem in Colorado too... and it's even on slab... they'll loaf along in the left lane @ 5 under, and even give you a look of wonderment, as you pass them on the right giving them the "number one" hand sign!

If I'm not in a hurry... I'll pull in front of them, and left off the gas... slowing down... forcing them in to the right lane... then I'm on my way.  8)
You and me both, Brother. It amazes me how long they're willing to follow me at 40 MPH though.
I've had plenty of people cheer me on at the next light.

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 12:10:15 PM »
You and me both, Brother. It amazes me how long they're willing to follow me at 40 MPH though.
I've had plenty of people cheer me on at the next light.

"cheer you on"? ???
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.