Author Topic: Women of Concours  (Read 21064 times)

Offline tomp

Re: Women of Concours
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2015, 07:47:39 PM »
Viewable image...  Nosmo, used to have a DL1000 and spent lots of time on stromtroopers...  I miss that bike.  tp

Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2015, 07:57:00 PM »
Yes I am. I work in the civilian side of the industry. We're currently in Tampa, in drydock for regulatory repairs and inspection. So yes, that was me today, standing under the boat.
It's not to often that I get to see it from that vantage point,  so I've been walking below daily. We're suppose to come off the blocks tomorrow and of course the office wants us underway ASAP. Being that I'm the lead person on deck, I have my hands full making sure everything is getting done, correctly. These shipyard guys have finally accepted that a woman is running the show and she knows what she doing.

A bit of FYI - the  biggest bike night in FL happens on Wednesdays at Quaker Steak and Lube, 10400 49th Street North Clearwater, FL.  Starts around 7 PMish   
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

sailor_chic

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2015, 05:30:20 AM »
I wish I had my bike here.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2015, 05:49:02 AM »
Over on the V-Strom forum, www.stromtrooper.com, they have a special women's section, "Strom  Sisters", that us men are supposed to stay out of, but they manage to invade semi-regularly (with good intent).  It's for things like advice on riding apparel that fits women, women-centric rides, riding advice from one woman to another, etc., etc.  I wonder how a women's section would go over here?

It would probably be a very quiet and lonely place here.  Solitary confinement for sailor_chic??  That would be mean.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2015, 06:29:45 AM »
+1 She'd be all by herself..   Doesn't make sense, at least here, to do that.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2015, 04:37:54 PM »
+1 She'd be all by herself..   Doesn't make sense, at least here, to do that.

Is Debs on this site Jim ?

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2015, 05:13:17 PM »
Nice pics, Chic. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.

sailor_chic

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2015, 06:29:11 PM »
Thank you Jimmy :)

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2015, 12:21:06 AM »
I think I'll leave my fiance and move to Florida.

I guess I never thought about it, but it does seem that we're all men here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lCaIZE7Wuo

A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2015, 01:43:45 AM »
I think I'll leave my fiance and move to Florida.

I guess I never thought about it, but it does seem that we're all men here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lCaIZE7Wuo

:rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2015, 03:57:45 AM »
I don't think so, Charlie.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2015, 06:06:14 AM »
Great pics.  BTW, how many ladies are on this site?  I only know of Nicole, but don't go to every section or thread here.  Just curious about C14 riders.  Seen tons of ladies ion cruisers/Harley's, but few on sport or touring bikes. . . tomp

A lot of ladies on the Ninja 650.  Of course the lower those to be able to reach the ground.  Let's look at the facts.  The average height of a woman in the US is 5' 3.8" according to http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/growthcharts2/f/avg_ht_female.htm

That is probably why you see more women on cruisers than other bikes.  Seat height is the issue. 

My wife at 5'9" could probably touch the ground on the C14, but she doesn't have enough strength in her size 4 frame to muscle the bike around. 
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

sailor_chic

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2015, 06:26:24 PM »
I'm 5' 8" and touching flat foot is tough. It's better after getting my seat Laam-icised!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: Virginia Slim set me up!
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2015, 08:14:16 PM »
Just messing with you, Jim. Change it back if you want. I didn't start the thread, just the sheet storm. ;D

:)

sailor_chic

« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2015, 05:32:06 AM »
Wow, this thread is hard to follow with all the moves. I like the last title better.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2015, 05:58:29 AM »
Welcome to the forum...   I changed it back...for today.  There are so many shiny things here and we're so easy called away...

sailor_chic

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2015, 05:26:56 AM »
Yep, it's a lonely thread.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2015, 05:30:24 AM »
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2015, 06:38:12 AM »
bump - Teressa has her own bike but is a COG member and hangs out on the back of my bike on the long trips...most coggers between FL and KY/TN that have met her consider her a Women of Concours anyway  ;D

her bike

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

sailor_chic

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2015, 10:33:52 AM »
Very cool! I look forward to meeting both of you sometime.