Author Topic: Concours 1400 engine  (Read 3985 times)

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Concours 1400 engine
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2019, 02:51:44 PM »
:rotflmao: :goodpost:

Hard to argue with a guy who has both.

It is VERY easy to argue when you are comparing different gear ratios.  6th gear speed on the Concours is closer to 5th gear on the ZX14.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2019, 03:49:27 PM »
6th gear speed on the Concours is closer to 5th gear on the ZX14.

For those interested, I am attaching a gear ratio to speed comparison.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »
Have you ridden a ZX-14, Max?  I haven't but I would like to, same with a V-Max (pun intended... :rotflmao: )
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2019, 09:14:33 PM »
Have you ridden a ZX-14, Max?

Not possible, unless the owner lowered it and also raised bars.  In any case, numbers are more objective :)

Online maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2019, 10:38:15 PM »
[...]In any case, numbers are more objective :)

:)  (Flashing does little to the ZX14, although higher flow mufflers do a lot, but only at high RPM)

Offline kzz1king

« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2019, 11:02:01 AM »
I dont know about all this but I would check the valve cletamce while it is out 😁
2010 CONCOURS
1974 Z-1

Offline Bergmen

• Arena
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2019, 03:40:13 PM »
As a point of reference the C10 engine can easily be converted to chain drive by replacing the transmission from a chain drive bike. The ZRX1200 can also be converted from chain to shaft in the same manner. I've done both. The C10 was converted using a five speed ZRX1200 transmission which basically drops in. The ZRX1200 conversion to shaft involved dropping a C10 six speed transmission (with a few minor modifications) into the ZRX cases.

The C14/ZX14 may have the same similarities, not sure.

Dan