The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > Accessories and Modifications - C10

Free power!

(1/10) > >>

Steve in Sunny Fla:
  Here ya go - Steve

Free Power for Concours ZG1000

gPink:
Very nice Steve. Thanks for posting.

T Cro ®:
Great video Steve....

It did not strike me when you and I first spoke about this but it did after watching the video I think the reason I've never noticed any oddity on my bike is that one of the first mods on my bike was to add an extra fuse bank. But at the same time I also added an extra negative block that is heavily fortified both to battery and ground. Thus even though I've got a lot of extra electrical draw on my bike I've never asked the stock wiring harness to handle ANY of this extra load power or ground wise... In fact I've reduced it as my headlight has long been running on it's own power leads straight from the battery.

Voltage loss is very critical to the ignition on these bikes and Kawasaki did us no favor when they sized the wire gauge to no bigger than absolutely needed; add in a few connections that are not 100 % and you've quickly lost some precious voltage.

Another good reason to connect the now unused ground wire solidly to the frame when you install the stick coil conversion harness.

RFH87_Connie:
Nice!  Great idea.

Roadhound:
Very nice find, thanks for sharing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version