Author Topic: Factory backrest/rack: something's not right- what am I missing?  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Schneiderman

The mounting plate for my JCW broke in half so until I get that situated again I installed the factory backrest/luggage rack. But it's been years since I took it off, and now that I put it back on, it looks like I'm missing something. Check out these pictures. The allen screws clamp the rig to the grab bars, but then run into the support from the rack- in such a way that the threads are going to get destroyed if they stay like that. The support is not threaded, but it looks like there used to be a nut or something to catch that allen bolt. Anyway, can someone explain or show a picture of how it is supposed to look when installed?

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Re: Factory backrest/rack: something's not right- what am I missing?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 07:02:53 AM »
I just took the rack off my dad's bike last week.  There is an acorn nut (maybe lock washer too) that is supposed to be there.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington