Author Topic: No big deal - just a Sunday ride musings...  (Read 2154 times)

Offline angelo

• Some Ride Reports
No big deal - just a Sunday ride musings...
« on: September 29, 2015, 06:04:42 PM »
I think I introduced myself to this board with a death valley ride this summer.  Do Long Rides once a year.  Work, but kids getting older, so do several weekend overnighters too.  Lazy afternoons riding slow with my wife, Sunday mornings trying to keep up with the fast guys through the tights.  Got the bike in July.  9K of my miles on it so far. 24K total.

Doubt I rode more than 350 miles Sunday.  No mountains, no oceans, no deserts, no waterfalls.  Left at something like 6:30.  Home by 5.  Left Northern IL flat for SW Wisconsin twisties.  Started around 55 degrees.  Never got above 75.  Some sun, some cloudy, all dry.  Excellent Reuben on marble rye in Mineral Point, WI.  Good company of an excellent rider and friend on his Duc ST4.  He is fast and smooth and I learn a lot every time I follow him through the curves.

Mostly, many hours of hearing that muted purr of the delkevic just pouring on the throttle at apex on so many beautiful curves on fine roads.  Often wish the exhaust was louder - but it's enough to be a companion to me or a soundtrack to the ride.  No side cases, top box only, small screen, all the way down.  Ride ride ride.  What a fine day of riding.  EVERY curve was exactly where it should have been.

Have already had some great memories on this bike, but don't think I have enjoyed the C14 any more than this one Sunday.  'Xcept for drinking some beers with friends and staring at it in the garage all night!  ::)  A bike this heavy shouldn't handle this well at speed.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
Re: No big deal - just a Sunday ride musings...
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2015, 06:08:06 AM »
Nice thoughts Angelo. Thanks for sharing. Those are the kind of days I cherish and look forward to when I need an escape. Ride on brother.
Ron
2014 C-14 Red

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
Re: No big deal - just a Sunday ride musings...
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2015, 09:00:58 AM »
If you think it handles well now, and it DOES for such a heavy bike, then upgrade the standard suspension angelo, it transforms the bike. Thanks for sharing brother!