Author Topic: Rides and Stories (Marco Island and Naples)  (Read 1573 times)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Rides and Stories (Marco Island and Naples)
« on: September 26, 2013, 08:48:17 PM »
OK I rode from Tampa to Teressa's in Naples.

Then went to Marco Island for a meeting (on my C14)

Excuse crappy phone pic but here's the ocean view from our meeting.  Crappy phone pic but ocean is just past the pools =)

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Conrad

Re: Rides and Stories (Marco Island and Naples)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 05:02:44 AM »
That's my old stomping grounds Steve. I grew up down in Naples, graduated HS from Lely High (1976). We used to live just off of Isle of Capri road. I worked at the Marco Island Beach resort as a waiter at one of the swanky restaurants there. On a good night I could easily make over $100 a night in tips. That was DAMN good money for a 17 year old kid back in the 1970's. Good enough to buy my first motorcycle.    :D

The next time you're down there checkout Tiger Tail beach on Marco. One of the best beaches ever! We used to camp out there back in the day, fishing all night long. Back then you could even ride dune buggies out on the beach.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Rides and Stories (Marco Island and Naples)
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 09:56:48 AM »
That's my old stomping grounds Steve. I grew up down in Naples, graduated HS from Lely High (1976). We used to live just off of Isle of Capri road. I worked at the Marco Island Beach resort as a waiter at one of the swanky restaurants there. On a good night I could easily make over $100 a night in tips. That was DAMN good money for a 17 year old kid back in the 1970's. Good enough to buy my first motorcycle.    :D

The next time you're down there checkout Tiger Tail beach on Marco. One of the best beaches ever! We used to camp out there back in the day, fishing all night long. Back then you could even ride dune buggies out on the beach.

Wow @ growing up at that paradise!  I'll check out that place indeed!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine