Author Topic: Murph's Tip Over Bars  (Read 3731 times)

Offline Boomer343

Murph's Tip Over Bars
« on: July 16, 2013, 09:01:27 PM »
Picked up a set of used tip over bars but am missing the install instructions. Looks to be pretty straight forward but if anyone is up to giving me a few pointers or sending me to a website that shows how to do the install it would be appreciated.

Offline mlf73

Re: Murph's Tip Over Bars
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 06:35:22 AM »
Boomer,

Go to www.rivcoproducts.com/instructions and look about 3/4 of the way down the list.  You should see the PDF file for the instructions that come with the front tip-over bars.  KAW050 - Kawasaki Concours Tip-Over Bars (Front) is how it's listed.

Marlan
02 Conc- Corbin seat, Cee Baileys shield, MCL fork brace, 4 pot calipers w/zrxmopar's adapters, 310mm rotors, SS brake lines, 1.1 Sonic springs, C14 rear shock, TCro's stick coils, SiSF's economy jet kit, front tip-over bars w/hwy pegs, KB bar risers, fender extender, block off plates, HVMP bar end weights, grip heaters, Murphs fuse block, 55W HID upgrade, relo'd coolant bottle & helmet locks

Offline ManWorkinghere

• 2001 Kawasaki Concours ZG1000A
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 09:49:44 AM »
Picked up a set of used tip over bars but am missing the install instructions. Looks to be pretty straight forward but if anyone is up to giving me a few pointers or sending me to a website that shows how to do the install it would be appreciated.

Just took my front bars off and back on two weeks ago so I have suggestions for installation/deinstallation.

- have flex-head ratcheting wrenches handy to keep from scratching fairings
- a little bit of blue Threadlocker on bolts and nuts because of vibrations loosening things

Getting the flanges aligned to hold the bars is 'tricky'.  Dry fit, or assemble in place, to see how everything goes together on the bike without fairings.  Once the fairings are on you may not see how things are lining up.

The flex-head wrench is helpful to hold the flange nut on the mounting bolts.

Hope that helps...
after 2012 Rallybefore 2012 RallyCOG#9292:-)

Offline Boomer343

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »
Thanks folks for the link and advice. Will clean them up and get everything ready to go.....so far the list is carb swap with 2 minute mod/overflow tubes, exhaust gear install, cruise control install, find and fix antifreeze leak, tire change front and rear.....a couple of hours should do it.