Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853077 times)

Offline tomp

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #400 on: December 31, 2014, 04:54:09 PM »
Neutron

I think it should have been Neptune, as he was of the sea, and the sea is supposedly blueish silver  in the sunlight.  Neutron reminds me of Johnny, and he had a brown Pompadour...  ;D ;D ;D
Kinda bluish silver with a sick green hue. . .

Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #401 on: December 31, 2014, 11:22:30 PM »
I think it should have been Neptune, as he was of the sea, and the sea is supposedly blueish silver  in the sunlight.

You do realize you posted a photo of the King Neptune statue at Virginia Beach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Neptune_statue,_Virginia_Beach
http://www.visitvirginiabeach.com/visitors/articles/king_neptune_statue.aspx

This is local to me...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #402 on: January 01, 2015, 12:14:47 AM »
You do realize you posted a photo of the King Neptune statue at Virginia Beach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Neptune_statue,_Virginia_Beach
http://www.visitvirginiabeach.com/visitors/articles/king_neptune_statue.aspx

This is local to me...
No, I didn't know where it was located.  The image just happened to be the right size and almost the right color.  We don't have a Neptune here, just the Astro Dome, though probably not for long, and the Battleship Texas. 

I was curious about the coloring, and found the statue was made of bronze,ie, mostly copper.  Having been in the Statue of Liberty, I understand the green tinting, now... Our Gen 1's are a much better shade. 

elp_jc

« Reply #403 on: January 01, 2015, 01:19:20 PM »
Oh, that can only a mother could love ::)

Offline tomp

« Reply #404 on: January 01, 2015, 01:30:17 PM »
Oh, that can only a mother could love ::)
A bold statement, coming from a junior member. :P :P ;D  Did you get yours yet?  It's time, ya know... There's a ton of Gen 1 owners and lovers here. . .

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #405 on: January 01, 2015, 01:34:57 PM »
He can only have mine if it's pried out of my cold dead hands...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

elp_jc

« Reply #406 on: January 01, 2015, 01:49:20 PM »
A bold statement, coming from a junior member. :P :P ;D  Did you get yours yet?
Hey, hey, working on that man. Waited until the end of the year for only dealer in town to come to its senses on a '14 floor sample scuffed and scratched, but they still think they can get '15 money for it, so I'm done looking. Wanted to avoid having to buy blindly, but have no choice now. Will buy a crated one (obviously assembled and tested), to avoid (or should I say minimize?) any surprises. With no '14s leftover anywhere close, it will be one of the 8 crated black ones left at Power Cycles in Rockingham, NC for $11,498 (+ shipping and TTL here in TX). Hope to be an official owner in a couple of weeks. A little late as a 53rd B-Day present in a few days, but can't use the bike now anyway. Hope everybody had a great new year; best wishes folks, especially health (without it, can't do crap, even with all the money in the world).

Offline tomp

« Reply #407 on: January 01, 2015, 02:10:42 PM »
Hey, hey, working on that man. Waited until the end of the year for only dealer in town to come to its senses on a '14 floor sample scuffed and scratched, but they still think they can get '15 money for it, so I'm done looking. Wanted to avoid having to buy blindly, but have no choice now. Will buy a crated one (obviously assembled and tested), to avoid (or should I say minimize?) any surprises. With no '14s leftover anywhere close, it will be one of the 8 crated black ones left at Power Cycles in Rockingham, NC for $11,498 (+ shipping and TTL here in TX). Hope to be an official owner in a couple of weeks. A little late as a 53rd B-Day present in a few days, but can't use the bike now anyway. Hope everybody had a great new year; best wishes folks, especially health (without it, can't do crap, even with all the money in the world).
Where in TX are you?  I'm in the Houston area.  There are still a  few 13's floating around here, that you may be able to get good pricing on, and not have to pay shipping, if not in Amarillo or El Paso. . . Possibly some 14's too, but of that I am unsure though...tp

elp_jc

« Reply #408 on: January 01, 2015, 08:59:04 PM »
Where in TX are you?
Hey tomp, I apologize for not having my location here; updated it. Unfortunately, I live in El Paso, which is 500+ miles away from any decent city in TX. And the difference in shipping from Dallas/Houston areas, New York or Seattle is just like $100, believe it or not. I have about 7 months a year of vacation, but for 5 months I have to bust my a$$ big time, and that still goes on until early February. Then I'm ready for a ride to Big Bend to decompress, and start my riding season (still too cold for the mountains). So unless Las Cruces, NM had one (they don't), I'd have to ship it. I couldn't ride in 2014 because ordered a new BMW R1200RT, and it arrived a month late, so lost my February and March rides. And after I got it, it was recalled a month later, and couldn't make it to Colorado (I got my money back from BMW 5 months later). I'm not getting any younger, so want my freaking bike ready for a Feb ride ;D. And for some weird reason, I'm more excited about this bike than any other in the past. If you know of a black '14 in a crate at a good price, please send me a PM to consider it. I don't think anybody can do better than Rockingham on a '13 though. The moment I get a suitable shipping deal, I'd wire the money for the bike and deal done. In the mean time, I'd consider any other similar deals (hopefully closer, where somebody can check the bike out).

Offline tomp

« Reply #409 on: January 01, 2015, 09:25:29 PM »
elp, For the fun of it, I searched the Colorado dealers for what you want, and found only one, and it was on the floor.  Saw a red one, also on the floor, for $13K.  Looking like the VA quote is going to be your best buy.  Good luck, and I agree about wanting a C14.  I have four bikes and seem to ride the Connie almost every outing.  It simply covers all the bases for me.   

As for today, I never left the house.  Too cold and damp.  Gonna be in the 50's Sunday and not raining, so may get to ride then...   tomp

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #410 on: January 02, 2015, 03:12:57 PM »
Decided to dig out my front stand and prop the bike off the ground. Had to put a 1" block of wood under the center stand to keep the back tire off the concrete. Then wrapped her up in a house wrap.
Trying to decide if I'm going to the bike show next weekend here.  ???

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #411 on: January 02, 2015, 03:29:34 PM »
How you going to a bike show with your bike all wrapped up like that?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #412 on: January 02, 2015, 05:17:28 PM »

LOL :)     He will be driving the house, once he takes the bike cover off the house!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline tomp

« Reply #413 on: January 02, 2015, 05:23:38 PM »
Damn  man, looks like a crime scene.  ;D ;D ;D  Hope it's dry enough in the room to keep condensation  build up from hurting the bike... :-[

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #414 on: January 02, 2015, 11:14:09 PM »
;D
Have to add this : http://www.gizmag.com/go/5614/     8)
I guess I could use my cross country ski as well  ;D

Damn  man, looks like a crime scene.  ;D ;D ;D  Hope it's dry enough in the room to keep condensation  build up from hurting the bike... :-[

Wrap is designed to expel moisture. Thought we had low humidity today but we're at 74% today with all the snow falling.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 05:52:15 AM by maxtog »

Offline tomp

« Reply #415 on: January 02, 2015, 11:36:11 PM »
Averages 90%+ humidity here during the winter months.   We listen to this, to keep us sane, or maybe we already insane.  Only Frank knows....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG4J9N_tzu0&index=5&list=RDZKpERTw8DsE

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #416 on: January 02, 2015, 11:58:05 PM »
Hey tomp, I apologize for not having my location here; updated it. Unfortunately, I live in El Paso, which is 500+ miles away from any decent city in TX. And the difference in shipping from Dallas/Houston areas, New York or Seattle is just like $100, believe it or not. [...]In the mean time, I'd consider any other similar deals (hopefully closer, where somebody can check the bike out).   elp

I used these guys to ship my Connie from Ft. Lauderdale to East Tennessee and had no complaints. It was in an enclosed carrier.
Excellent Auto Transport 1-877-919-4241. Cost was $525.
HTH
Rick 8)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 05:54:25 AM by maxtog »
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

sailor_chic

« Reply #417 on: January 03, 2015, 06:30:49 AM »
On Thurs I was finally able to meet up with my new riding buddy. Both of our work schedules allowed us to be on shore at the same time. So I had a ride planned on my new GPS for us to take the long and scenic route up to Savannah.The ride went as planned and was enjoyed by both. The weather was all inclusive as well. We had some mild temps, then clouds, then the temp dropped. This was followed by some fog and then light rain, and then we had temps in the low 50's by our arrival. This was a good test for my cold weather riding gear and I only have to make a couple of small adjustments. The days riding total was 480 miles.
Then yesterday we departed the hotel at 0700 and had the sights set at riding all around the state of Florida, so I could earn my Iron Butt SaddleSore 1000 certificate. This ride went according to plans and was very enjoyable. The weather was much of the same, just in reverse order. By the time we arrived back in our hometown, we had ridden 1040 miles in 15.5 hours.
My new bike that I bought July 29, now has 7550 miles on him and looks like I can finally get rid of those nasty Bridgestones. I can once again say that I really love my bike. These C14's are simply put, Amazing Machines!
Two great days of riding and we have very compatible riding styles. Were already looking at the calender and trying to figure out our next ride.

Offline st2sam

« Reply #418 on: January 03, 2015, 06:47:02 AM »
 :thumbs: Congrats Nicole on earning your 1000 SaddleSore certificate.

Now get a set of PR III's on your bike ASAP!
2009 Kawasaki C14
1993 Ducati 907ie (for sale)

Offline Jim H

« Reply #419 on: January 03, 2015, 07:46:19 AM »
Way to go Nicole!  That would have been hard on the vmax! LOL  Sounds like a great couple days you had.

Jim H