Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853288 times)

Offline connie14boy

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #440 on: January 07, 2015, 12:13:47 AM »
A waste of money in SE Texas.  Only used a few days a year. Air conditioning is what we really need around six months of a typical year.  If it had been so needed, I would have kept the 1200RT.   The 14 is a better bike in many ways, even without all the bells and whistles the RT had.  tomp
For those who dig great tunes, this is what's playing in my headphones right now.  ""Yes"......Better than ever....Can't even describe the memories........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZSxZHMkZWM

Saw Yes with Rick Wakeman at Cornell 1974- Good sounds were all around.

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #441 on: January 07, 2015, 08:15:02 AM »
Oh, that sounds good!
Ahh the Memories!

Helped Mike put his Connie engine back together yesterday.
Did a little tinkering on my bike this morning and Installed a Tank Bra... 
Cold/wet front coming thru Houston today.
Will be a few days till it gets thru, so I'll wait until it warms up...
(Tomp, we need to get together)..

Ride safe, Ted

Offline tomp

« Reply #442 on: January 07, 2015, 08:26:57 AM »
Oh, that sounds good!
Ahh the Memories!

Helped Mike put his Connie engine back together yesterday.
Did a little tinkering on my bike this morning and Installed a Tank Bra... 
Cold/wet front coming thru Houston today.
Will be a few days till it gets thru, so I'll wait until it warms up...
(Tomp, we need to get together)..

Ride safe, Ted

Thanks, Got your PM. Let's talk it up when the weather improves.  Will have cabin fever by then.   tomp
Living in the Texas Coast...

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #443 on: January 08, 2015, 04:08:34 PM »
Removed the rear tire on my 2012 for the 1st time, Sooo easy & fast  ;D . Putting on a new tire & balancing myself tomorrow after work.
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline tomp

« Reply #444 on: January 10, 2015, 09:00:39 AM »
Cold and wet here this weekend, so no burning of gas.  Will watch the Indiana Jones movies all day long on USA, and just veg. 

FWIW, saw this today.  If you know anyone looking for a C14, this looks like a good price.  tp

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2014-Kawasaki-Concours-14-ABS-113803882

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #445 on: January 10, 2015, 11:56:03 AM »
Cold and wet here this weekend, so no burning of gas.  Will watch the Indiana Jones movies all day long on USA, and just veg. 

FWIW, saw this today.  If you know anyone looking for a C14, this looks like a good price.  tp

http://www.cycletrader.com/listing/2014-Kawasaki-Concours-14-ABS-113803882

Marietta, GA is where my Father in law live at the time of his death. True southern Gentleman. going to have to make it down there soon to visit him. Try and time it for Beer-O'clock for him.  ;)

Offline zarticus

• Arena
« Reply #446 on: January 10, 2015, 03:24:00 PM »
Last night I dismounted the old rear tire & put the new tire on, Used my harbor freight  tire changer with mojo blocks & mojo lever. I'm used to doing tires on my old V65 Magnas so the low profile style tire of the connie is much stiffer but I got it with no damage to the air sensor or the rim  ;D . I have a harbor freight static balancer & it took 1 ounce of weight in 1 spot to get a perfect balance. Took it for a quick ride & nice & smooth up to triple digits  :chugbeer:
2012 Kawasaki Concours 14 -  Candy Arabian Red
2014 Kawasaki Vaquero - Candy Burnt Orange
1986 Honda V65 Magna - Black
1984 Honda V65 Magna - Black

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #447 on: January 12, 2015, 08:08:18 AM »
Thinking about permanently removing the TPMS from the wheels. So tired of the early morning "PANIC!!!! YOUR GOING TO DIE!!! low battery warning message in the winter.

Offline tomp

« Reply #448 on: January 12, 2015, 08:30:23 AM »
Thinking about permanently removing the TPMS from the wheels. So tired of the early morning "PANIC!!!! YOUR GOING TO DIE!!! low battery warning message in the winter.

If the sensors are replaced with std tubeless valves, will the computer not still go crazy, looking for the signal?  The read out of current pressures are a good reminder. The the stupid blinking on the screen is annoying, because you just don't know what it is really telling you, just cold or a real problem. 

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #449 on: January 12, 2015, 09:40:11 AM »
If the sensors are replaced with std tubeless valves, will the computer not still go crazy, looking for the signal?  The read out of current pressures are a good reminder. The the stupid blinking on the screen is annoying, because you just don't know what it is really telling you, just cold or a real problem.

Nope. I replaced the battery on the front wheel but messed it up. No signal from the front and no messages from the front wheel. All coming from the rear wheel. Thinking about messing that battery up too.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #450 on: January 12, 2015, 09:56:08 AM »
Nope. I replaced the battery on the front wheel but messed it up. No signal from the front and no messages from the front wheel. All coming from the rear wheel. Thinking about messing that battery up too.

Or just let it die on it's own. But if you have the tire off anyways...
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #451 on: January 12, 2015, 10:12:01 AM »
Or just let it die on it's own. But if you have the tire off anyways...

Certainly on the next tire change but I might not wait that long.

Offline tomp

« Reply #452 on: January 12, 2015, 10:12:22 AM »
Sorry, but I am a little confused.  The dash is telling me that the battery is bad, when it's cold, but when the battery actually goes bad, the signal will stop and the dash will not give me the same indication I get when it is cold?  Seems a bad battery is a bad battery, and the dash/computer, since it is no longer receiving signal from the TPMS will want to inform me of such.  What stops the computer from notifying me that it is no longer receiving signal. 

This is my first dealings with TPMS and though I like the read outs, I don't like the silly blinking that interrupts everything else the dash is suppose to be telling me. 

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #453 on: January 12, 2015, 10:15:31 AM »
Sounds like your not confused at all. Kawi is telling you to PANIC if the battery is low but completely ignore it if there is no battery.

Offline tomp

« Reply #454 on: January 12, 2015, 10:38:26 AM »
Sounds like your not confused at all. Kawi is telling you to PANIC if the battery is low but completely ignore it if there is no battery.
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, I am beginning to see clearly now.  Low battery, fix it; dead battery, who cares. . . 

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #455 on: January 12, 2015, 11:03:16 AM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH, I am beginning to see clearly now.  Low battery, fix it; dead battery, who cares. . .

Now your catching on. Just like the "range" functionality. Just when you need it you cannot (unless you talk to Brian) because you must PANIC due to low amount of gas.

Offline tomp

« Reply #456 on: January 12, 2015, 11:09:10 AM »
That's why I use a trip odometer, and do fill ups before I ever get to that mess that KHI blessed us with on the 14. tp

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #457 on: January 12, 2015, 04:35:49 PM »
Just change the batteries.  It isn't that hard to do.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #458 on: January 13, 2015, 01:32:39 PM »
Just change the batteries.  It isn't that hard to do.

I did, after about a year, still get the panic message when it gets cold. Did it again to the front wheel and failed. Now I never get the message for the front wheel. Planning to "fail" again but with the back wheel.

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #459 on: January 13, 2015, 02:17:26 PM »
Yep my did the same thing 2 weeks ago,stopped at the dealers and told them they had to call Kawasaki  tech to get it approved to replace under warranty  waiting for a call.you are right tomp it sucks when you can't use the read out when it won't stop flashing.