Author Topic: PSA for Direct TV users  (Read 9348 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: PSA for Direct TV users
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2011, 10:34:46 PM »
Good news!!!!!!!!!Seems they have reached a deal and we wont be losing our fav channels.....................................  Me thinks our emails and calls worked as designed.   ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2011, 04:58:53 AM »
Good news!!!!!!!!!Seems they have reached a deal and we wont be losing our fav channels.....................................  Me thinks our emails and calls worked as designed.   ;D

I think that something worked as designed at least, was it on our part or theirs?  :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2011, 05:22:24 AM »
I think I'm still going to look at Dish.  I've got a bit of a sour note on DTV now.  They put me through a lot of stress here lately.  Not real happy with that at all.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2011, 05:27:14 AM »
I think I'm still going to look at Dish.  I've got a bit of a sour note on DTV now.  They put me through a lot of stress here lately.  Not real happy with that at all.

Have a drink and watch SOA, you'll be fine. Unlike poor Piney...

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2011, 05:39:32 AM »
Have a drink and watch SOA, you'll be fine. Unlike poor Piney...

Oh no!  We haven't watched last week's episode yet as we like to save them up and watch several at once.  Without going into details, am I going to have to have some sort of tranquilizer to watch this one?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2011, 05:40:39 AM »
Oh no!  We haven't watched last week's episode yet as we like to save them up and watch several at once.  Without going into details, am I going to have to have some sort of tranquilizer to watch this one?

I would suggest it yes.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2011, 05:43:29 AM »
 :'(

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2011, 05:47:20 AM »
For those of you looking at a comparison to Directv vs Dish, here's a website that does a side-by-side view....

http://www.dishcomparison.com/dish-network-vs-directv.php

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
  • The C14 is vastly overrated.
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2011, 05:52:57 AM »
i'm the same with breaking bad...i have 11 episodes i need to watch!

btw, i called it...i mentioned that this 'you're going to lose your channels if blah blah blah' has happened before. despite these hiccups, i don't think you're going to be happier on dish from what i've heard.
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2011, 04:22:25 PM »
I just received this email from Directv:

Dear Customer,

As you may have heard, DIRECTV has been in talks with News Corp./Fox about continuing to carry Fox-owned channels. We're pleased to announce that an agreement has been reached. There will be NO service interruption. All channels will remain on the air, including:

FX
National Geographic Channel
Nat Geo WILD
SPEED
FUEL TV
FOX Soccer
FOX Soccer Plus
FOX Deportes
Fox regional sports networks
Fox News channel
Fox Broadcasting (FOX)
Fox Business Network
Fox Movie Channel
Your local FOX station

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2011, 05:25:56 PM »
does this mark the end of this thread? :)
Please use this forum to demonstrate your own ignorance, unfamiliarity with empirical data, ability to repeat discredited memes, and lack of respect for scientific knowledge. Also, be sure to create straw men and argue against things I have neither said nor even implied. Any irrelevancies you can mention will also be appreciated.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2011, 04:07:31 AM »
Possibly...

Offline Conrad

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2011, 04:52:57 AM »
till the next chapter.

stay tuned...

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2011, 05:42:24 AM »
i just heard that dtv is about ready to dump all of the spanish-language, soccer, and home shopping stations... :)

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2011, 06:19:11 AM »
i just heard that dtv is about ready to dump all of the spanish-language, soccer, and home shopping stations... :)

:thumbs:   :goodpost:  ;)
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2011, 07:39:31 AM »
You know, I wonder if an ala carte would work?  I know I'd dump 9/10ths of what was on the card.  It would weed out the non-performing channels fairly quickly.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2011, 08:44:24 AM »

That would be fine with me, I already have all those stations removed from my custom list anyways.

Offline Outback_Jon

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2011, 03:06:24 PM »
That would be fine with me, I already have all those stations removed from my custom list anyways.

I LOVE the custom list feature.  Second only to the DVR.  I really don't care what's on Nickelodeon, Disney, ToonDisney, any station where I don't speak the language, etc.
"Outback Jon" Gould *** South Cairo, NY *** COG #9506 *** 2006 C10 "Blueline" *** CDA #0157

Offline Assassin 11B3P

• Arena
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2011, 03:57:41 PM »
seriously, i think they have like 1000 channels and i have about 100 or less selected...and most of them are the fox sports and nhl center ice channels!

same thing with sirrus/xm...i listen to 4 stations: FNC, America Right, Fox News Radio, and of course, the BIG 80s! :)