Author Topic: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...  (Read 38910 times)

Offline Rhino

• Arena
Re: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum...
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2017, 10:58:58 AM »
:rotflmao:

This brings up a question about CMP but I think I have to ask it in the forum.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #81 on: July 25, 2017, 12:38:52 PM »
Et tu Pinkerbell?
Sorry. It's that damn foreign motorsickle you got through me off.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #82 on: July 25, 2017, 02:07:41 PM »
Right.... :rotflmao:   You do realize that the C14 is made in Japan and the Indian in the US...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #83 on: July 25, 2017, 02:11:38 PM »
Congrats on 5,000 posts, Pinkenstein!
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #84 on: July 25, 2017, 02:49:20 PM »
Wow!  Now I have two to choose from  :finger_fing11:
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #85 on: July 25, 2017, 03:25:08 PM »
Congrats on 5,000 posts, Pinkenstein!
Is there a prize?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #86 on: July 25, 2017, 03:26:39 PM »
Wow!  Now I have two to choose from  :finger_fing11:
;D Kinda like Jekyll and Hyde.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #87 on: July 25, 2017, 03:31:02 PM »
I don't know what came over me! :D
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2017, 05:57:51 AM »
Partial gravity wave picked up in VA over the weekend.... :yikes:

Went out for a nice ride to the Blue Ridge Parkway on Sunday with the wife.  Decided to go down 56 towards 29.  Turned off the Parkway on to 56 and immediately see a yellow warning sign about potential gravel spots on the road.   It's important enough to have a picture of a MC on it.   Initially thinking  :yikes: but then thinking how bad can it be?   There really weren't any places to turn around either.  It really wasn't that bad most of the way down.  Could feel the tires kicking out a few times.  I wasn't going that fast, however I was fast enough to pass some bicycles along the way....  :rotflmao:   About 3/4s of the way down, we hit something that caused the bike to slide and tip to the right (must have been a right handed curve I think.  I really don't remember it happened so fast).  Weren't going that fast either.  Both of us kept it from going down with our right feet/legs.  Quite frankly I don't know how we got upright again.  We must have done something right.  I jammed my right foot and my wife jammed her leg and foot just above the ankle.  We found a place to stop at the bottom and just rested off the bike for about 20 minutes.   We finally made it home after about 300 miles and later that night drank vodka martinis...  Note to self, never take 56 again.  Didn't see much traffic of any sort on the road..a few bikes and a car or two.   I wonder why?  No damage to the bike at all that I could see.  I even washed it later that evening.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2017, 10:08:06 AM »
Glad it all worked out ok Jim. Including having a good excuse to drink vodka martinis. Not like you need an excuse  ;)

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2017, 11:02:24 AM »
  I even washed it later that evening.

You do realize that you typed that out loud, right?  :yikes: :nuts:

I'm glad you're both OK.  :thumbs:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2017, 03:30:28 PM »
I was in shock..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2017, 06:36:25 PM »
Took out the C14 to get the yearly inspection 3 months late...  Could barely ride it.  The dark side is winning.  Had trouble finding the shifter and the bike felt like a toy.  Needed a new tire.  Got that put on and then it promptly started raining.  No problems with handling in the wet.  The shifting on the C14 is like butter.  The bike is so smooth.  The power is phenomenal.  But it is too tall now.  The rear brake is soft.  Have to bleed it again.  I hate to say it.  I like the Roadmaster better.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2017, 06:51:55 PM »
Abandon hope all ye who enter

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2017, 04:24:11 AM »
 :'(

Offline kwakrider

• Black- 2009
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2017, 01:09:59 PM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2017, 09:04:12 AM »
Went to the Indian Demo Days at our dealer in Fredericksburg this past Friday.   Really went for the free food, though.  Item of interest is that there was one 08 bike parked there.  Never did find out who that rider was but there was another I was speaking to that had an 08 as well.  Is the Dark Side winning?  Only the Shadow knows for sure.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #97 on: October 30, 2017, 04:57:19 AM »
Went to the Indian Demo Days at our dealer in Fredericksburg this past Friday.   Really went for the free food, though.  Item of interest is that there was one 08 bike parked there.  Never did find out who that rider was but there was another I was speaking to that had an 08 as well.  Is the Dark Side winning?  Only the Shadow knows for sure.

An '08 bike? As in an '08 C14?
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #98 on: October 30, 2017, 06:24:57 AM »
Yep...

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2017, 08:41:25 AM »
TPMS to the rescue.   Pulled out the other day on my semi regular trip to Dunkin and noticed the pressure in the rear tire was lower than normal.   Bike thought so too and issued a warning light.  Came back afterwards and found a nail in the center of the rear tire.  Pulled it out and plugged it.  Will keep an eye on it, nevertheless. 

It's difficult to check air pressures on this bike due to the fenders and no center stand.  I always watch them when starting out to get a feel of anything going wrong.

That's the first time in nearly 25 years I've got a puncture on a bike.