Author Topic: New rider from Virginia  (Read 2418 times)

Offline live2ride

New rider from Virginia
« on: July 14, 2014, 07:05:43 AM »
Hey everyone; I've recently decided to make a pretty drastic change in bike style. Starting out on a ninja 250r, then a zx6r, followed by my current bike, a yamaha r6r, I went out and bought myself a gorgeous, insanely comfy 2008 concours 14! I've only put 40 miles on it so far but they've been great ones. I'll be adding some more on my ride home today and many more in the near future.

I live in Culpeper, VA so if anyone lives nearby I'd love to meet you and hopefully gain some invaluable wisdom about my bike. :)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: New rider from Virginia
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 07:09:40 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good choice on the bike.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 07:17:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Wow, that is a big change. About twice the weight from a zx6r. But if you bought it to put some miles on it, you won't be disappointed.

Offline live2ride

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 08:11:16 AM »
Thanks! You're right, it does weigh a lot more than any of my other bikes. But I'm a relatively big guy so I handle it well and I can flat foot it no problem. I'm really liking the added luggage space too; bought it with the stock saddle bags and a givi hardcase so it should be a lot better to travel with than my r6 with a backpack lol.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 09:22:08 AM »
Not another VA rider..... :yikes:

Welcome to the insane asylum  :banana !

I'm in King George, east of you a piece...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 06:59:15 AM »
I'm in Lorton with a C-10.  Welcome!
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington