Author Topic: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]  (Read 71718 times)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Re: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]
« Reply #180 on: July 24, 2015, 09:17:59 AM »
I'm surprised no one has taken "action" against this vendor...this side of the world the bikers would have stomped on him long ago...and hard!!  ;D

I heard what they do there with the fixed speed cameras: a tire, fill it with fuel, light up a match... Oh well, accidents happen  ;D
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2015, 09:32:52 AM »
Bike night in FL ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline kmprider

« Reply #182 on: September 17, 2015, 02:40:44 PM »
I ordered some RAM mount hardware from AST back in April, unaware of the issues mentioned in this thread. It came without incident. I recently ordered his highway pegs, risers, and helmet locks literally one day BEFORE I saw all of the complaints mentioned here. Needless to say, I was very concerned. I emailed him immediately after discovering this thread, and he replied shortly thereafter that they would ship out that day. They did, and I received them today, so perhaps he's becoming more reliable.

Offline dirtwiz

« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2015, 09:37:30 PM »
I bought his peg lowering kit and got it fairly quickly....but it didn't have the right hardware included. I sent him pictures he requested to see what was wrong with the hardware and he had to order it from someone else supposedly. It took me at least 2 weeks for him to respond to my emails. I found out later you have to do online chat with him but I tried for days to catch him online and he wasn't available. It turned out he was on Jury Duty supposedly??? Whatever. He finally sent me more hardware and added 2 free helmet locks to compensate for the time loss. Better than nothing but I thought I was going to have to cancel my credit card payment. Total hassle but worked out in the end and the helmet locks are nice. I won't order anything from him again...crap shoot marketing.
If loud pipes save lives....I'll be dead by morning.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2015, 10:07:34 PM »
I bought his peg lowering kit and got it fairly quickly....but it didn't have the right hardware included. I sent him pictures he requested to see what was wrong with the hardware and he had to order it from someone else supposedly. It took me at least 2 weeks for him to respond to my emails. I found out later you have to do online chat with him but I tried for days to catch him online and he wasn't available. It turned out he was on Jury Duty supposedly??? Whatever. He finally sent me more hardware and added 2 free helmet locks to compensate for the time loss. Better than nothing but I thought I was going to have to cancel my credit card payment. Total hassle but worked out in the end and the helmet locks are nice. I won't order anything from him again...crap shoot marketing.

He gives away a lot of helmet locks :loco:
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline Blown32

« Reply #185 on: October 15, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »
After reading this thread I was more than half afraid to place an order but I really like the passenger and rider peg lowering stuff he sells.  So, I figured with paypal I can at least get a refund if it goes bad......

Ordered the set and hoped for the best.  Came in in 4 days (standard shipping) and the hardware looks to be correct as well. 

Maybe I just got lucky or maybe he is getting his business practices back in line????

Current 2 wheel rides:
2014 Councours 14, 2003 ZRX1200r, 2001 ZRX1200r, 1994 KLR 650, 1985 Eliminator 900 (will sell in the spring)

Offline Blown32

« Reply #186 on: October 15, 2015, 08:21:00 PM »
Just put them on, hardware was correct except the 2014 (maybe others) have different factory bolts (no removable sleeves) so I had to punt a bit but it was an easy deal to figure out.
Current 2 wheel rides:
2014 Councours 14, 2003 ZRX1200r, 2001 ZRX1200r, 1994 KLR 650, 1985 Eliminator 900 (will sell in the spring)

Offline dirtwiz

« Reply #187 on: October 22, 2015, 07:06:28 PM »
Blown32...my 2011 had the same non removeable sleeves. I don't get it....he has been selling these and not knowing this?? I'm sure there are a number of years of these bikes that have this type of bolt. He acted like he had never seen this. The other people must have put the bolts in without the sleeves but if I remember right the length would then be wrong. Whatever. I spent quite a bit of time chasing down sleeves that didn't fit then filing them down so they would sort of work. Then he sent a bunch of bogus hardware kind of a grab bag of possible stuff that may fit. Ridiculous if you ask me. The only real problem I'm concerned about now is that the shift linkage is pushed out of alignment about 3/8 of an inch to the outward side....not sure if that is gonna cause a problem on the shift forks some day.
If loud pipes save lives....I'll be dead by morning.

Offline jscon2011

« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2015, 06:43:21 PM »
Ryan hasn't replied to my 6+ emails I have sent over the past two months. He was replying and then he stopped...he owes me a bracket for the highway pegs. $350 bucks just sitting in my garage for months...
Sleeping Connie is sleeping.

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #189 on: October 28, 2018, 07:17:55 PM »
Well, I took a chance and ordered the Ram ball mount from AST. I couldn’t find anything else that would work for what I wanted it for. Worst case, I figured I would be out $25 including shipping. I ordered it last Sunday and received it on Friday. All I received was the adaptor tho. Instructions that came with it clearly state that the Ram Ball and locktight are included. (See pic below) The envelope only had a ziplock bag with the adaptor and instructions. I sent him an email asking why they were not sent if they are supposed to be “included”. Haven’t received a reply back yet, but it has only been over the weekend so far. After reading thru some of the posts here, I’m wondering if I’ll even get a reply.

Either way, I used my tap set to figure out what size post and thread the Ram Ball needed to be to fit the adaptor. There were 3 different sizes available on Amazon. 1/4”, 3/8”, and 6mm. Ordered the 1/4” Ram Ball and got same day delivery with my Amazon prime. (I already had blue locktight). Got it all installed. It is a really good product. It’s a shame that It seems he doesn’t know how to run a business and has no customer service. 

2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R
2016 Can Am Spyder F3T - Wife's bike

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #190 on: October 28, 2018, 08:06:04 PM »
Well, at least you got the important part, the RAM ball should be easy to find.  His reputation seems to be  consistently poor.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2018, 07:23:03 PM »
*** Important Update ***

Well, it looks like things might be improving at AST. I sent my email to them on 10/26 at 11pm questioning why I didn’t receive the Ram Ball and locktight with my order. I received an email response on Monday 10/29 at 10pm stating that it had been drop shipped from a different supplier and tracking showed it was delivered. Checked the mailbox and sure enough, it was there.

So first thought that crossed my mind was that they shipped it out on Saturday after receiving my email. That was not the case. Packing slip showed that the order was placed on 10/25 and shipped on 10/26. It was shipped from GPS City. Ironically, the same place I ordered from on Saturday when I thought it was not going to be sent to me.

Never did get the little tube of locktight... but that is the least of my concern.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2018, 07:57:13 PM »
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

and Ironically, GPS City is on west coast time, as opposed to AST being east coast time...

Call 1-866-GPS-CITY (1-866-477-2489) between 8AM - 5PM PDT, Mon-Fri, excluding holidays.

had you not woke him up, I bet it would have gotten dropped.

Kudos

Semper Fi

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #193 on: October 31, 2018, 04:25:30 AM »
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

and Ironically, GPS City is on west coast time, as opposed to AST being east coast time...

Call 1-866-GPS-CITY (1-866-477-2489) between 8AM - 5PM PDT, Mon-Fri, excluding holidays.

had you not woke him up, I bet it would have gotten dropped.

Kudos

Semper Fi

That only saves him 3 hours. Slip shows the GPS City order was placed at least 23 hours before I sent the email.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #194 on: October 31, 2018, 06:23:56 PM »
 :rotflmao: :thumbs: :thumbs:

all cool, glad you got 'relief', and subsequent responsive action.

I personally, would never have placed an order with a vendor that has been as unwilling to rectify his wrong doings...

his history goes way back, and many thousands of $$$$, by members here, and COG, have shown the track record as poor when an issue arose after the initial sale..
He has never once came out, and posted an appology, nor have I ever seen anyone that lost money to him come back a year later and say he made good on a refund, therefor he has always been a persona-non grata in my book, and always will be.

He bilked a lot of $$ as a 'trusted source', and never made good... and I still don't know why anyone would gamble... even tho COG accepts his advertiser money, they do make it perfectly clear they do NOT back any business' practices, and it's always been, and ever will be a "caveat emptor" thing... which is reprehensible.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Poseidon

• Arena
« Reply #195 on: November 02, 2018, 01:44:18 AM »
My main reason for taking a gamble on him was that I couldn’t find an adaptor anywhere else. Figured if I didn’t receive my order I could just dispute it thru the credit card company. Absolute worst case, I would only be out $25.

I just wanted to post and let everyone know that I had a good outcome on my order thru AST. Maybe he is trying to turn things around, or maybe I just got lucky. Who knows...

Either way, the part I got was exactly what I was wanting and it all worked out for me.
2017 Concours 14
2016 Victory Magnum
2013 M109R

Offline freebird6

• In a big country...
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2018, 07:40:34 AM »
I am with MOB.

From 09 to 16 I was pretty successful (read lucky) with finding out if something was in stock and ordering, it would arrive pretty quickly. When I had a problem with the LED lights on the bags I initially got some answers and some promises then.... Crickets.  Had to splice and rig them up to get them to work.

To be sure, I am done. He has stuff I like/want but my "luck" is played out. I have learned my lesson and unlike my friends in Vegas, I can walk away.
2008 Concours
2007 Mean Streak
99 r1100rt