Author Topic: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]  (Read 71736 times)

Offline luxx

Re: Advanced Sport Touring? [Vendor Issues]
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 07:11:39 PM »
I've decided to cancel my order.  I want to go on my vacation without wondering when this will arrive.  I will wait until a later date - Aug or Sept to re-order them.  The touring pegs really look good, shame there is a supply problem.  I'm sympathetic to Ryan's issues, not trying to be a d&$k about it at all.  As I said - I will re-order them in a few months hopefully he will have the supply problems worked out.

Offline Steven C

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 12:29:30 PM »
 :-[ Well sad to say..I had to get my bank involved in this today..I placed my order with them on May 19th..still nothing as of today. >:(

Some of you may have had a good experience with them..mine has been anything but.
Now im back to square one trying to find a decent back rest..any leads would be appreciated.

Happy trails
2009 Red, Two brother carbon fiber with Juice Box.
Cycle Sounds amp'd speakers.1 1/2" Risers
1 off seat. Baileys Windscreen

Offline luxx

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2014, 09:00:44 AM »
I placed a claim with Paypal as that was the method I used to make payment.  That was 10 days ago and no response from the seller has been made and I have received no communication from the seller.  I don't know what direction Paypal will go (refund or too bad so sad).

Offline JoeRau

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2014, 10:01:02 AM »
:-[ Well sad to say..I had to get my bank involved in this today..I placed my order with them on May 19th..still nothing as of today. >:(

Some of you may have had a good experience with them..mine has been anything but.
Now im back to square one trying to find a decent back rest..any leads would be appreciated.

Happy trails

I was going to order this one http://pirateslair.net/ConcoursStealth.htm until I found a different one in the classifieds.  These seem a bit on the expensive side, but would be a lot easier to take on and off since I only use mine when my daughter is riding.  I prefer it off when solo.
2012 C14.  Black
COG member 10990

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2014, 08:56:29 AM »
Folks, based on what I know about Ryan, he's always been top drawer.

Something else must have happened to him, I'm afraid.

Because this is not like him. He's always been exceptional, one of the best out there to do business with.

Sorry to read these posts from you guys. Hate to hear that you've had bad experiences.

I'm just sayin'... It's not the way he normally does business... at all.

Too bad, and I really hope he's ok, and not back in the hospital again.
Bob
2011 C14 ABS black w/red/yellow, B.D.F lofuel W.E.,SSD h/g's,
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline 2012GTR1400

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2014, 09:28:49 AM »
Glad to here its not some sort of scam then, Hope hes OK.  I ordered some risers, and Ram Accessory mounts, almost a month ago through Amazon,. Got charged right away, and shipping label was made following day with tracking. But still doesnt show it ever left sellers facility.  Ive sent 2 emails, and to Amazon, and no response. Luckily Amazon covered it it in there A-Z gaurentee.. Spent a lot of money in mods on the concours this month, and everyone was amazing doing bussiness with except for this.. Hope he has a fast recovery.

Offline luxx

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2014, 10:39:38 AM »
Glad to here its not some sort of scam then, Hope hes OK.  I ordered some risers, and Ram Accessory mounts, almost a month ago through Amazon,. Got charged right away, and shipping label was made following day with tracking. But still doesnt show it ever left sellers facility.  Ive sent 2 emails, and to Amazon, and no response. Luckily Amazon covered it it in there A-Z gaurentee.. Spent a lot of money in mods on the concours this month, and everyone was amazing doing bussiness with except for this.. Hope he has a fast recovery.

I have no reason to purchase from this merchant again. - your money and your risk.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2014, 12:22:54 PM »
Hope he is ok, I remember when MC Larry had his problems (RIP) and the business went south very fast.  In the event of a problem unless the worse case scenario occurs, it is easy to send an auto reply to customers placing a purchase if there will be a delay.  It is a shame to put the effort he has into his business, and then loose the confidence of buyers. 

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2014, 06:36:44 PM »
Guys,
All I know is I did receive an email response from him within a couple of days after these first posts about him surfaced.

He said he had been working on his Mom's HD Sportster that had been stored for a while.
She wanted him to get it running again.
He had just completed a 3000 mile, multi-state move to Florida, and got his shop up and running again.

He rebuilt the carbs and some other things on it, and decided to take it out for a test ride...and hit a deer.
Said it totaled the Sportster, and all he remembered was hitting the brakes, then waking up in the hospital...messed up.

Said he was in there for a couple of weeks, and had stitches.
Got out of the hospital, and tried to go back to work in the shop too soon...tore his stitches, and had to go back in.

But, the time he emailed me, he was doing better, thanked me for making him aware the guys that were posting wanting to know why they weren't getting their parts, and said his supplies had run out, but he was making more, and he would be getting the orders filled and contacting everybody that was waiting on stuff...then nothing...

Kinda worried about him now.

And yes, I remember when that happened to Motorcycle Larry, too.

When you're buying something over the internet, and you post the money, get a shipping confirmation, then don't get the parts...that's bad. And yes, there are lots of scams out there, these days. But Ryan's not one of them. He's went way outta the way to make my orders right, in the past.
And he's always been top notch with communications.

So, yes... I'm worried now, cause this is not like him, at all.

That's all I know, but if I hear anything more, I will post it here.
Bob
2" setback risers, Phil's wedges/rear rack,K Gel-seat, Rostra CC, AST tourpegs, techspec, 2"droppegs, 4"droppass pegs, Fuzeblock,  7"Garmin, fenda ext, LED tag plate, Ip5S Ram mt, TMeister, Mirror LED t/s, Bestem TBox, CB HDUT w/s, TRex front/CC bag, Wolo Badboy, Tailbrights, Scala G9X, Scorpion EXO1200 Jag, PR4GT's55's, 55W Qz Dr

Offline Steven C

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2014, 07:03:03 AM »
Well...its just my luck things go this way..and I even jokingly said this to the fraud investigator from my bank the other day"You watch..soon as I go forward with this...ill hear something from them" and sure as ****...got an email yesterday from AST giving me a tracking #...we shall see in a couple days...then I can call off the hounds
2009 Red, Two brother carbon fiber with Juice Box.
Cycle Sounds amp'd speakers.1 1/2" Risers
1 off seat. Baileys Windscreen

Offline petepro

« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2014, 07:36:31 AM »
So, yes... I'm worried now, cause this is not like him, at all.

I purchased from him months ago.  Had a great experience.   Sent along a tap to install the parts no charge.   Great communication.   

Sounds like he had a bad ride and is now finding it tough to run his business. 

Hope that is all it is.
2012 Concours 14abs - 2013 - Current
2002 BMW R1150R - 2012-2013
1995 Honda 750 Nighthawk - 2001-2009
1984 Suzuki GS1150ES - 1987

Offline luxx

« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2014, 09:45:39 AM »
I was issued a refund by paypal.  It takes 2 weeks to do that and have it decided in your favor - fyi

No communication was received from the merchant to paypal over the 2 week review period.  That alone should tell you something.

I'm sure there are people who have had good experience and have no issues.  Not like I went out to find a struggling business and put the screws to them.  Nope - I saw a product that looked well designed and was supported by a very good product video and install explanation so I purchased it - resulting in lots of wasted time and wondering wtf is going on here.

So as with any online purchase - make sure you protect yourself, use a credit card or paypal, and keep an eye on the status of your purchase.  As I said earlier - your money and your risk.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2014, 04:53:35 PM »
Hope he is ok.

Offline Drugless

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2014, 05:25:07 PM »
   I made an order with AST last night an received two confirmations of my order. One fron AST and one from Ryan himself. Don't know how long it will take to ship to Australia,  but the confirmations were lightning fast. That's a good sign in my book.
It's better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and confirm the fact. (Like I always do)
Previous bikes-
  Yamaha FJ1200 ('85)
  BMW R1200RT ('05)

Offline C14lvr

« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2014, 08:19:11 PM »
That's good news!

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2014, 02:51:23 PM »
   I made an order with AST last night an received two confirmations of my order. One fron AST and one from Ryan himself. Don't know how long it will take to ship to Australia,  but the confirmations were lightning fast. That's a good sign in my book.

Did he email you because I have sent two in the last week with no reply, just asking about a part availability.  I am not going to drop $400.00 on a wait and situation.

Offline Mr Lance

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2014, 06:34:44 PM »
Hey Everybody! This is my first post here and I wish it was on a more pleasant topic. I ordered the 2" adapters/risers for my Concours after hearing what a great company AST was. Weeks after ordering, I emailed asking for an ETA - nothing. A follow up email a few days later and still nothing. After a third, he replied and told me about the deer/bike collision. Told me that while he was out, they had run out of the metal to do the risers, but he was getting things going again and even threw in a little bonus item for my trouble. That was weeks ago and I've emailed several times this week just looking for an update - no replies. Just sent another one telling him if I didn't hear back in the next day or two I'd be canceling and reversing the charge through my cc.
I like supporting small, mom & pop operations and I'm really a very patient person. But, when your only method of communications is by email (no phone and Facebook is a bad link)...answer your emails, or have someone do it for you!!!

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2014, 10:39:31 AM »
I just emailed Ryan and he's working hard on getting thing up-and-running again. He said things will be "normal" by first week of July so looks like ordering from him won't be an issue. For those of you waiting for orders or replies to emails...he's trying. He's swamped and doesn't have his full staff back yet but it will happen.
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2014, 12:50:34 PM »
Hopefully he will get back on track.  I always read great things about his product and him as a person.  We communicated long ago when he was trying to get things up and running.  I have my eyes on a couple items but will wait until things settle. 

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2014, 01:46:32 PM »
Hopefully he will get back on track.  I always read great things about his product and him as a person.  We communicated long ago when he was trying to get things up and running.  I have my eyes on a couple items but will wait until things settle.

He's pretty responsive now...though he did mention he will be back in "full swing" first week of July.
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE