Author Topic: Hello from Oklahoma  (Read 1746 times)

Offline robval1987

Hello from Oklahoma
« on: August 24, 2016, 06:31:34 AM »
Well I finally got another Connie, had several in the past, but they were the older square box looking style. Did upgrade to a Goldwing which h at wife's requested got converted to a Trike (CSC Cobra XL) gorgeous bike. Wife got her m/c license and now drives the tire so I picked up a 2010 Kawasaki Concours. I took it for a test drive (Wow, old Connie ain't got **** on this one, power, speed and agility), well I pulled the trigger signed the paperwork and bought her. We loaded her on the trailer and headed back home. Somehow we managed to lose the only keyfob that came with the bike and the fun has begun. Don't think my dealer really knows what he is doing with this bike. First they had me purchase a new keyfob and a key blank and also a emergency keyfob and key blank (I was lucky that the previous owner wrote down the key number in the owners manual, so I contacted a locksmith which came out to us and cut a key (now I'm able to open the fueltank, remove the seat and open and remove the saddlebags). As for the keyfobs and blank key that cost me  lose to $400.00 not including the $70.00 dollars to have them overnighter to the dealer. Then after receiving the parts at 10 am the next morning, having the locksmith  ome back out and cut the new key blanks for the keyfobs the dealer tells me that I need a whole new ECU (Kipass) that I just can't buy the new keyfobs and have them programmed, and that the new ECU will come with the 2 new keyfobs that I already have paid for and all of this for the low , low price of $1100.00 (WTF). So I say order it if I need it and they stated that they (the dealer will cover the overnight shipping) well wouldn't  you know it, here it is Tuesday (now this all started Thursday last week) and still no parts and no running Connie. Moral to this story, have two keyfobs and if you don't get you a second one or at least the emergency keyfob, because with out a keyfob the dealer cannot reprogram you a new keyfob, you will end up spending alot of money to get the complete set as I did. Oh and then they want to give me a hard time about returning the new keyfobs that I was told that I needed to buy (figured that I don't need 4 keyfobs as the new ECU comes with 2. Still can't wait to get back out there and ride, hopefully the parts come in today, it only takes 2 minutes to remove the old Kipass ECU (it's under the sear and has one wiring harness connected to it and strapped down with a rubber strap and the keyfobs are already programmed to it the dealer just needs to register the emergency keyfob, whatever that means because he doesn't know) oh and that an additional $80.00 dollars for him to install this and register the keyfob. Below is a pic of what the bike looks like, but not my pic.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 08:59:51 PM by robval1987 »
Retired U.S. Army, Retired Law Enforcement Officer
"Don't ride faster then your Guardian Angel can fly."

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: Hello from Oklahoma
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 06:50:02 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Yep, losing the only fob is a costly, frustrating situation to be in.  Sorry you have to go through this. The dealer probably should have over emphasised the importance of the fib since the bike only came with one.

It could be worse. You could be 1000 miles from home on a once in a lifetime ride and lost it....
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline robval1987

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 07:20:31 AM »
True, so true.
Retired U.S. Army, Retired Law Enforcement Officer
"Don't ride faster then your Guardian Angel can fly."

Offline Hooligan

• never assume, get the facts
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2016, 11:01:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum, and enjoy the read. Glad you got your FOB sorted...
It is what it is....If not, it must be something else.
2012 K1600GT
2009 ZX14