Author Topic: 2010 and up stock windshield  (Read 3320 times)

Offline angelo

• Some Ride Reports
2010 and up stock windshield
« on: September 01, 2015, 08:01:42 PM »
Hi all.  Just love the stock '08 shield fully down in this first summer with the bike.  But, can tell, it won't be enough fully up riding in the late fall and early spring.  So, something a little larger is in order.

Looking to buy a new OEM for $107 shipped:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-14-KAWASAKI-CONCOURS-14-ABS-TALL-WINDSHIELD-CLEAR-K46001-340-/391240564879?hash=item5b17c1408f&vxp=mtr

But thought I'd look here first in case someone is needing to clear some garage space.  Only looking for one in excellent/very good condition and meaningfully less $.  Since we would be individuals making this happen, I imagine shipping may be a potential problem.  I am in very far west Chicago burbs / barely rural (60119).  Like to ride a lot, so the city (only on a Sunday, thank you), Western IL, Central IL, Southern Wis, Central Wisconsin, etc... will work for some pick up action.  If you live further but like to ride too, we can meet up.

If this sounds like something that may work for a sale and a lunch at some cool joint, let me know.  Thanks and feel free to PM or post.  And, of course, if you know some cool roads, I'm game.  I know a few too.   8)

Offline FZBear10

Re: 2010 and up stock windshield
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 04:39:39 PM »
Stephen.G.Fiddes

This member is selling one. He offered it to me but I already got one, PM him.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 08:25:27 AM »
If you were close to Austin, I'd sell you mine. Barely used, been sitting in my garage for years. But at $107 shipped for new, hardly worth the packing and shipping.

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 08:33:35 AM »
I don't think that's an OEM shield.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline angelo

• Some Ride Reports
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 08:54:55 AM »
If you were close to Austin, I'd sell you mine. Barely used, been sitting in my garage for years. But at $107 shipped for new, hardly worth the packing and shipping.

I know!  Shipping would be quite a bit!  Somewhere, somehow, I think this has a good chance of meeting on some twisty road for lunch with someone nearer by! 

Hell, anyone NOT have a shield but just wanting to meet for lunch and tear up some WI or NE Iowa twisty roads let me know!

jimmymac, seeing the Kawasaki logo and reading the description, I believe it to be.  Wasn't the tall in '08 stock in '10?  Either way, a little bit taller and wider than my stock '08, would suit me fine for a winter / all the way up shield.  Still can't get over how much I like the stock one all the way down for decent weather riding!

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 09:15:29 AM »
I know!  Shipping would be quite a bit!  Somewhere, somehow, I think this has a good chance of meeting on some twisty road for lunch with someone nearer by! 

Hell, anyone NOT have a shield but just wanting to meet for lunch and tear up some WI or NE Iowa twisty roads let me know!

jimmymac, seeing the Kawasaki logo and reading the description, I believe it to be.  Wasn't the tall in '08 stock in '10?  Either way, a little bit taller and wider than my stock '08, would suit me fine for a winter / all the way up shield.  Still can't get over how much I like the stock one all the way down for decent weather riding!

Yes I believe that's correct.

Offline Bunk

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 05:17:05 AM »
I just bought my 2014 on August 19 and just put a Cee Baileys on it.  I'm in South Bend, IN, but my family lives in Northwest Indiana just over the border from IL.  So if you'd be willing to come that way for pickup, I'd sell you the stocker for that.

...and I see your "Western IL, Central WI"...  No love for Indiana.  It's like we're in a whole other country over here.  :)
VStar 950 > GL1800 > Concours 14
Candy Cardinal Red (Best Color) Cee Bailey Ultra-Tour - Helibars Risers -Kaoko Throttle Lock - Kawi Top Box - Phil's Farkles Luggage Rack - Ram Mount with FingerGrip Phone Cradle - Sena 20S - Schuberth C3

Offline angelo

• Some Ride Reports
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 07:30:16 AM »
I just bought my 2014 on August 19 and just put a Cee Baileys on it.  I'm in South Bend, IN, but my family lives in Northwest Indiana just over the border from IL.  So if you'd be willing to come that way for pickup, I'd sell you the stocker for that.

...and I see your "Western IL, Central WI"...  No love for Indiana.  It's like we're in a whole other country over here.  :)

Indiana IS great.  My commute there, however, like riding around the south burbs like Robbins, south 294 to 80, traffic all the way to the wonderful Gary area, more semis than you can shake a stick at...  You're right, Bunk!  How did I not mention that  :-*

Will be PM'ing you on this.

Offline Bunk

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2015, 09:18:01 AM »
You forgot about the oil refineries and steel mills belching into sky and stream.  You don't want to sell the ambiance short now!
VStar 950 > GL1800 > Concours 14
Candy Cardinal Red (Best Color) Cee Bailey Ultra-Tour - Helibars Risers -Kaoko Throttle Lock - Kawi Top Box - Phil's Farkles Luggage Rack - Ram Mount with FingerGrip Phone Cradle - Sena 20S - Schuberth C3