Author Topic: and another new guy....  (Read 4328 times)

Offline dalemac

and another new guy....
« on: May 29, 2015, 04:43:01 PM »
I just took delivery on a leftover 2014 Connie 14. this will be my first Kawasaki motorcycle, mostly been Honda and Suzuki (although I have had a couple Kawasaki ATVs and a mule).

happy to be here, so far I'm in love with this bike. 

Offline dalemac

Re: and another new guy....
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 04:47:10 PM »
Mandatory picture.

Offline tweeter55

• Arena
  • Ride Hard...Ride Safe
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 04:52:27 PM »
Let me be the first to say "welcome to the forum". :chugbeer:
Over the years:       1972 Harley Rapido
1972 Suzuki T350R  1979 BMW R100RT
1987 Honda Helix.    2006 Kawasaki Concours

AlbertaDoug

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 09:20:51 PM »
Good choice of colours  8)
Those other two rides look like fun also.

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 11:33:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum!
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 08:29:15 PM »
Welcome!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Charlie747

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 03:38:44 AM »
Let me be one of many to say "welcome to the forum". :chugbeer:

New Toy in a man cave of Toys.......................... :thumbs:

I'm thinking a man who has life well under control  :hail:

Once run in the sweet spot is 6500-8500rpm  :rotflmao:

Enjoy

Offline dalemac

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 12:15:41 PM »
yeah, I like toys...mid-life crisis? I've had the car since mid-2000s and the CBR1000 since 2008.

thanks for the welcomes!

I've put a couple hundred on the clock, this bike is awesome. although I have found some things that may need adjustments...1- needs exhaust. one should not be able to hear the tires over the engine (maybe too many race bikes in my past?) 2- need to make it GP shift, I seem to get confused...see #1. 3-stock tires are questionable, ordering PR4s this week.

Offline dalemac

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 12:27:03 PM »
on a side note, what does the FSS on the key switch stand for? I've looked in the manual, but can only guess what it means (Fuel, Storage and saddlebags?)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2015, 01:00:08 PM »
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new ride.

As far as switching the bike over to GP shifting, it is easy enough to do; just turn the knuckle at the end of the linkage over and make sure it is at or close to 90 degrees to the turnbuckle linkage.

Brian

yeah, I like toys...mid-life crisis? I've had the car since mid-2000s and the CBR1000 since 2008.

thanks for the welcomes!

I've put a couple hundred on the clock, this bike is awesome. although I have found some things that may need adjustments...1- needs exhaust. one should not be able to hear the tires over the engine (maybe too many race bikes in my past?) 2- need to make it GP shift, I seem to get confused...see #1. 3-stock tires are questionable, ordering PR4s this week.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2015, 01:01:59 PM »
Yep, that is it. It was Kawasaki's intention to use the main key (often called the 'stove knob key' because of its large diameter) in all locks on the bike. Soon enough, some will come along and say it is bad juju to do that but after 8 years and 100K miles, I have not used any other key and it has worked well for me without any problems.

Brian

on a side note, what does the FSS on the key switch stand for? I've looked in the manual, but can only guess what it means (Fuel, Storage and saddlebags?)
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2015, 01:08:59 PM »
Welcome!
I dig the Kaws and Ponchos too. 8)
The grass isn't always greener.