Author Topic: Yuck- here come the Harley's!  (Read 21056 times)

Offline okxd45

Re: Yuck- here come the Harley's!
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2011, 07:49:19 PM »
I can so see you doing that!!!!!! 8)

+1......after meeting you.....ha ha! I mean that in a good way by the way! ;D
Jeff
"Look like the innocent flower, but be the serpent under 't." Macbeth Quote (Act I, Scene V).
"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves." (Matthew 10:16 NIV)

Offline gtr1000inFL

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2011, 07:51:44 PM »
Motorcycle Advice: Harley Davidson Rider Gives a New Biker Some Tips

If you use this link on a Harley forum, they'll ban you!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2011, 05:25:26 AM »
I think that Jim is about ready for a Goldwing trike! ;)

That's one thing you'll never see me on, well actually two....A Goldwing of any sort or a trike of any sort or combination.   If it gets to the point of not riding at all, I'll buy a convertible.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 06:53:37 AM »
That's one thing you'll never see me on, well actually two....A Goldwing of any sort or a trike of any sort or combination.   If it gets to the point of not riding at all, I'll buy a convertible.

Goldwings are incredible bikes........you ever rode one? That is more than likely my next ride after the C14, I love the damn things.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Conrad

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2011, 08:11:31 AM »

What about a can am spyder? I've never rode one but I'd like to, they look like a blast.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline koval68

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2011, 08:25:19 AM »
What about a can am spyder? I've never rode one but I'd like to, they look like a blast.
I don't like the way it handles.It feels like you're riding an ATV at highway speed!
T-Rex is the way to go.....if I had the money to buy one. :'(
T-Rex Motorcycle the Release
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 08:39:17 PM by koval68 »
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2011, 10:33:38 AM »

No, it just looks like a big boy's tricycle with the wheels on backwards.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »
No, it just looks like a big boy's tricycle with the wheels on backwards.

What about one of these bad boys.  These are as close to motorcycle performance and feel on four wheels IMO.

Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2011, 11:24:56 AM »
If you haven't ridden a newer "Wing you are missing something special.  Nothing beats a fresh latte at 80 ;D

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2011, 01:23:23 PM »

Hey, don't diss Wings. I've had two of them and if I ever go back to 2-up riding, would consider another.

Most Wing riders are real bikers and amass some incredible mileage. And you'd be surprised how fast and hard you can ride one in the twisty bits if you know what the hell you're doing. Yeah, they ain't a C14 (what is?) but they're not lard bikes with straight pipes and pirate riders.

Offline katata1100

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2011, 10:14:33 PM »
Update:
Took wife and daughter to Applebees last night, parked in a space next to two HD's.Came out, found this note on my windshield (and I type it exactly as it was written) :
"RELLY APPRECIATE 30 SPACES IN LOT YOU DECIDE TO PARK SO CLOSE TO MY BIKE YOUR DOOR HIT & SCRATCHED MY BIKE
BE A MAN AND TAKE CARE OF IT (phone # given)

After looking at this tantrum from an illiterate, I now understand why HD riders don't use real helmets- they have nothing in their head requiring protection!
I had no idea that only HD bikes can be parked in the parking spaces in front of the Applebees. My car had a foot of space between the door and where the parking line paint is, my door never touched his p.o.s. (don't want to damage my car on his trash-cycle).
Just goes to show the arrogance of some of these "bikers".

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2011, 10:17:50 PM »
Go ahead give that pirate a call.  Or better yet post his number here so we can all call him!   ;D
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline mjrfd99

• Arena
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2011, 05:03:04 AM »
Ya all crack me up.  Why do they bother ya so much.  Chill 8)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2011, 06:31:41 AM »
Update:
Took wife and daughter to Applebees last night, parked in a space next to two HD's.Came out, found this note on my windshield (and I type it exactly as it was written) :
"RELLY APPRECIATE 30 SPACES IN LOT YOU DECIDE TO PARK SO CLOSE TO MY BIKE YOUR DOOR HIT & SCRATCHED MY BIKE
BE A MAN AND TAKE CARE OF IT (phone # given)

After looking at this tantrum from an illiterate, I now understand why HD riders don't use real helmets- they have nothing in their head requiring protection!
I had no idea that only HD bikes can be parked in the parking spaces in front of the Applebees. My car had a foot of space between the door and where the parking line paint is, my door never touched his p.o.s. (don't want to damage my car on his trash-cycle).
Just goes to show the arrogance of some of these "bikers".

Sounds like you're lucky that he didn't take his 'tantrum' out on your car when he had the chance. Call him up, should be good for a laugh or two I would think.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2011, 07:10:33 AM »
Call him up, should be good for a laugh or two I would think.

No kidding cause if he were a real man he would have went back inside and had the owner of the such and such car paged to the front door please.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2011, 07:15:41 AM »
Ya all crack me up.  Why do they bother ya so much.  Chill 8)

I hear ya there my friend; chill out.....

Not only does my best friend ride an HD I really do enjoying riding with them when I'm on the Ural as I can more than keep up with their break neck pace of 45 to 55 MPH..............................  ;D And when I'm on the Concours I love to blast past them all to which I then pull over and wait for them to catch up all the while I pretend to be bored......  :)
Tony P. Crochet

Offline Conrad

« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2011, 07:19:43 AM »
I hear ya there my friend; chill out.....

Not only does my best friend ride an HD I really do enjoying riding with them when I'm on the Ural as I can more than keep up with their break neck pace of 45 to 55 MPH..............................  ;D And when I'm on the Concours I love to blast past them all to which I then pull over and wait for them to catch up all the while I pretend to be bored......  :)

Take a book with you next time and pretend to be reading when they catch up.

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2011, 07:22:28 AM »
Take a book with you next time and pretend to be reading when they catch up.

I've opened my Flip Front Full Face and did the Egyptian WTF hands out salute as they rumbled past....
Tony P. Crochet

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2011, 07:40:08 AM »
Ah, the simple pleasures in life....

Offline Tactical_Mik

• Lamh laidir an Uachtar
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2011, 08:02:45 AM »
Some put miles on and some don't.  It's the same with any type of bike.  Still a pretty funny thread though.
T.S.R.