Author Topic: "Favorite Present" revisited - NEVER GIVE UP!  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
"Favorite Present" revisited - NEVER GIVE UP!
« on: January 30, 2012, 07:23:39 PM »
A while back, we had an active thread titled “Favorite Present”, where-in people talked about their favorite Chsritmas presents.  I made this post:

I got a great after-Christmas present.  For many reasons I won't list here, I found the time and need to send a New Year's card to an old friend (female-type) whom I haven't seen in 13 years.  No, it isn't a booty call, and that part of our friendship is long gone.  But I had worried about how her life had turned out and I needed to say some things.  I got a nice call back, it turns out she is fine and happy and has had a great life, and we are going to reconnect next week.

Now, I don’t normally discuss personal things on the web, but I can’t help myself.  No one on this site knows me, I have only met a few COG members some years ago at local RTE’s etc., but we do develop a certain relationship with our fellows on these sites.  So I had to say this.  We are reconnecting in more than just a “friendly” way, which is something I never expected.  It’s like the past 13 years are gone in the blink of an eye.  It turns out there is much still left between us, and this appears to be  “going somewhere”.

My point?  NEVER GIVE UP!!!!  I spent 13 years ASSUMING that this woman had married someone else and was gone forever.  Not so.  And in fact she attempted to contact me once several years ago, which ended in a comedy of errors, and I never knew about it.  Never assume you know what someone else is thinking or feeling.  You may be wrong.  If you care for someone, never let them go.  If there is something or someone you think you lost,  make damned sure before you write it off.  You may just find the best thing you ever had, improved with age.  And in case you think we are stupid kids, we’ll both be 57 this year.

Does anyone else have a good lost & found story??

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Son of Pappy

Re: "Favorite Present" revisited - NEVER GIVE UP!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 11:14:52 PM »
Well done!  And a thanks from this forum family member, thanks for sharing and I look forward to hearing how things work out.

Chet

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 11:39:38 PM »

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:40:54 AM »
That's great news Nosmo! I'm happy for you. I hope that it continues to go your way.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 08:57:37 AM »
Good stuff man...good read.  thx.
Will

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 08:13:50 AM »
I can't seem to find the "Like" button!
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 08:37:57 AM »
No story is ever complete without pics..............    ;D

Glad to hear you are re-kindling an old flame. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 08:57:15 AM »
Nice post!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine