Author Topic: Lost my keyfob.  (Read 9463 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: Lost my keyfob.
« Reply #60 on: October 13, 2018, 07:20:22 AM »
So, you had one C14 and hated the fob system so much that you bought another? Or was it two more? It's not clear (to me) if you had two or three C14s?

Yep, such a terrible system. I've had my '08 since 5/09 and it's been flawless. I guess it's only a matter of time...

They took your word on the amount of cash you lost?   ???
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2018, 09:37:53 AM »
So, you had one C14 and hated the fob system so much that you bought another? Or was it two more? It's not clear (to me) if you had two or three C14s?
Yep, such a terrible system. I've bought my '08 new in 5/09 and it's been flawless. I guess it's only a matter of time...

Is there an award for quoted posts that don't make sense?

======================================================================
FIFY  ;D however this really should be max's job.....

Makes me think of losing my wallet in the 90's.  An older lady at work told me that I should call my homeowners insurance guy and file a claim for my lost wallet.  Never heard of that before.  So I called and told them that I lost my wallet with $300 inside.  They paid for my wallet, the money inside and paid the fees to get ID back.  I was amazed that homeowners would pay for a lost wallet, but they did.  So I have to wonder if they would pay for a lost fob (that flew off the bike, ie accident) and all associated costs.  If homeowners wouldn't pay, maybe a full coverage bike policy.  Full coverage policies cover things like being locked out.  Well, he's locked out.  I will ask my insurance guy soon.  Hmmmmmm

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2018, 12:14:50 PM »
FIFY  ;D however this really should be max's job.....

Nah, I have too many jobs as it is.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline chile62

« Reply #63 on: October 13, 2018, 08:04:06 PM »
I wish it was that simple, but the site you linked, simply clones the info on the ECU, into another ECU... the key codes, and FOB codes are encrypted, so even tho they can program an ECU, you still have no FOB to match the clone...

unfortunatly...
 and even then, you would need a FOB, to use the KDS3 serialization, to add additional fobs..

I have E-mailed Kevin at carmo.com and if i understand him correctly, his method will get my bike running again.

4 pages of negativity and comments that dont contribute anything positive to this dilemma.

Offline chi-gpz1100

« Reply #64 on: October 13, 2018, 08:09:53 PM »
Closed (by request).   Has run its course.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 01:40:58 PM by chi-gpz1100 »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2018, 02:11:13 PM »
Geez, you're no fun at all...LOL
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.