Author Topic: Things that make you chuckle...  (Read 1700 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Things that make you chuckle...
« on: June 24, 2019, 06:13:47 PM »
Had a particularly bad work day today.  Totally bummed me out.

On the way back through Fredericksburg, VA today in the rain, had to cross the Chatham bridge to get to the other side.  Pedestrian tourists were on the bridge heading back into town after their photo ops (I guess).  I was in the right lane with the truck and passed a pair of women.  Hit a puddle right next to them (making me laugh even now) and splashed the crap out of them.  In the rear view I could see one of them turn around and give me the finger.  I laughed all the way home.  Hey, what could I do, there were vehicles in the passing lane and that bridge is a piece of crap when it comes to potholes.  I'm still laughing..  I even slowed down some, but it really didn't help.

Anyway, if there's something you see that makes you laugh. let us know.

"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: Things that make you chuckle...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 06:31:41 PM »
'had to cross the Chatham bridge to get to the other side'

The fact you had to tell why you crossed the bridge makes me chuckle.  ::)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 06:49:30 PM »
 :rotflmao: well, that made me chuckle again.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 07:00:48 PM »
having lived there, I woulda turned around, gone back... and did it again, this time properly soaking them.... gotta love it...

that don't work so well on the "Nice Bridge"... no pedestrians to molest..

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 04:47:21 AM »
No pot holes on that bridge, amazingly enough.

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 09:53:17 AM »
Had a particularly bad work day today.

That made me chuckle...as I'm retired. I now have good days and great days. Most days I do something I like to do and I find them
rewarding and fulfilling. There are a few others where I realize at the end of the day that I never got dressed. I like those days too.  8) :D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 06:42:52 AM »
Back when I was a teenager (and not nearly as nice as I am now) my buddies and I would take a fire extinguisher (the water type that gets pressurized with air) and go out 'gushing', as we called it.

We'd go out driving in town and the gusher would be in the front passenger seat with the charged fire extinguisher (water only) and the window open. We'd find a likely candidate (the gushie) and drive by the person really slow while the gusher let them have it.

I know, I know. It's wasn't a nice thing to do but, damn, was it funny!

Now a days a gusher would be risking his/her life doing this. Not nearly as much fun. 
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cholla

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 01:42:20 PM »
Where is your sense of adventure and fairness?
Beware the Black Widows...Feared throughout the land!

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 03:15:46 PM »

...  I even slowed down some, but it really didn't help.

That might've actually made it worse  :chugbeer: Speeding up mighta helped: Like water skiing, aka hydroplaning  :o

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 08:32:36 AM »
Last week I watched a brain-dead Frenchman walk by engrossed in his phone.
He walked straight into the front of a tram.
Luckily for him the tram was stopped at the tram stop, where I was getting on.
The Tram driver was laughing louder than I was.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 09:45:07 AM »
There are lots of these videos:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline FTB530

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 08:06:13 PM »
Many years ago i was driving a delivery truck into Monterey headed down toward cannery row, so happens I had a hole in my exhaust pipe, well I see this kid on the side walk on a skateboard and when I got beside him I let the jake brake go,I looked in my mirror and saw him rolling in the grass, every time I see a skateboarder I laugh about that, also did the same to three ladies walking on a sidewalk , I could hear them scream🤣😂🤣

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2019, 06:37:23 AM »
Keep em coming...great stories.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2019, 07:39:22 AM »
This happened to me last night at our favorite bar in Fredericksburg.  It makes me chuckle thinking about it....

All of a sudden I got a cramp in my left upper thigh.  Pop off the bar stool and the other thigh starts cramping.  Never have I had both legs do that.  Our friends are concerned and want to know what's happening...  'Cramps, both legs, dying!', I say.  Female friend gives me a salt shaker.  Not knowing what to do with it, I  shake some, for good luck, over my shoulder onto the head of someone sitting behind me.  'No, you idiot, eat it!' says the friend.  Ok, so I shake some in the beer.  Used to do that when I was a teenager..good plan.  'No, put some in your hand and eat it!  The friend says again.  Meanwhile I'm getting curious looks from everyone at the bar, all friends of ours...  I yell to the bar keeper, 'I need something for the pain!  'Give me a shot of Stroh 160 and make it quick!'.  He comes to the rescue in record time and I down it in one gulp (normally I sip this stuff).  One of the friends says drink some water.  Capital idea I think...  'Lee, give me some beer, please' and he fills my stein back up.  I had to stand for about 15 minutes before the cramps subsided enough to sit back down.  Meanwhile most of my friends were in tears..  A very good night.
'

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2019, 08:55:57 AM »
Many years ago i was driving a delivery truck into Monterey headed down toward cannery row, so happens I had a hole in my exhaust pipe, well I see this kid on the side walk on a skateboard and when I got beside him I let the jake brake go,I looked in my mirror and saw him rolling in the grass, every time I see a skateboarder I laugh about that, also did the same to three ladies walking on a sidewalk , I could hear them scream🤣😂🤣

Dick!

Still -> :rotflmao:

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2019, 12:35:52 PM »
I thought it hilarious as well..  We have one guy in our group that has a transfer truck horn mounted on his bike.  It's so loud that even in the back of a 5 rider group it makes me jump out of my seat when actuated.  I told him he needs to put a warning message screen on the back of his bike that comes on before he pressed the horn button.

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2019, 05:10:01 PM »

Bamboo underwear.

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2019, 05:10:17 PM »
I did a similar water douching as Va Jim first posted.  'twas in high school and I'd borrowed my older brother's car to do tuneups and oil changes in auto shop.  Anyway, after school there's a long section of sidewalk next to the road where all the kids who rode the bus waited for said buses to come and get them (probably 6-8 buses worth of kids).  the other side of the sidewalk there were some bushes and a chain link fence.  So I came zooming along in this big '69 Gran Prix, hit the giant puddle formed there near the curb, and soaked the lot of 'em :)  They turned to run, like frightened sheep, but the fence contained them in the kill zone.  Oh, it was cold too.  Late fall in Iowa.
My brother gave me a strange look when I told him not to drive past the school for a few weeks...

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2019, 05:11:15 PM »
Bamboo underwear.

Not recommended attire for a visit to the Panda exhibit at the zoo