The C10, aka Kawasaki Concours - The Original > Accessories and Modifications - C10

Anybody that has gone naked

(1/5) > >>

zsiska:
I want to complete a naked bike.  I need to find out from somebody that has done it before, what headlight did you use?  What turn signals?  And what gauges?  The only gauge I am really concerned about is the speedo.  And I really don't want to put the big ugly cluster back on it.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

gpzrocker:
If I was going without the cluster, I would look into some of the better bicycle speedos. Yes they say they do read up to as fast as you want to go. Small, digital, and usually has several other functions. IIRC less than $50 is what I was looking at a few years ago.

Headlight "ears" are seen and available on ebay. Turn signals that attach to the headlight bucket or the forks are also there.

The next thing is that most relocate the radiator overflow, usually to behind the battery, and use one from a different Kawi, don't remember which.

Personally I like the bullet style fairing, the roundish one that houses the headlight and hides a lot of wiring.

RFH87_Connie:
I know nothing of making ours into a naked bike.  I do know the overflow can be relocated to under the seat with no additional parts needed.  However, you cannot keep the tool tray (if you have one) if you mount it here.  MOB did a great pictorial with captions.  Oh yeah, you do need to buy a small piece of velcro if you don't have any lying around.

http://rides.webshots.com/album/197545285ZPOTXA?start=24

Elvin's Pbase photos have many pictures (to give you ideas) of naked Connies (the bike).  I can also say from an aesthetic stand point (my opinion), make sure the headlight assembly area items you choose are large enough.  A few of them look a little odd because what the builders choose was something a little small to go with the rest of the bike.  Maybe it is the huge tank and exhaust cans.  Then again, its becoming the style on the latest bikes.

The oil cooler can be bypassed with a custom hose from my conversation with Bergman a while back, but do not just block it off because it changes the characterists of the oil pump flow.  I'll see if I can find the email.

Edit: I went back and read my email (and set it to you).  Bergman's opinion (designer of the SPOOFAK) of the question about just connecting the lines together by cutting them where the rubber hose is crimped on at each line then connecting them with a piece of rubber hose is doable.  This is the $3 way to eliminate the oil cooler.  Just make sure there are no kinks.

Have you thought of keeping just the upper fairing or is it busted up or gone?

Don't forget to bob the rear fender too.  It helps out to visually balance the bike.

AZBiker:
Koso and Acewell both make gauge clusters specifically intended for motorcycle use.  Also Vapor.

stevewfl:

--- Quote from: AZBiker on June 14, 2012, 05:13:23 PM ---Koso and Acewell both make gauge clusters specifically intended for motorcycle use.  Also Vapor.

--- End quote ---

+1  Vapor

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version