Poll

So which of these 2 do you get the most enjoyment out of them "losing"??

Lebron James
8 (61.5%)
Tiger Woods
5 (38.5%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: Who do you root "against" more? Tiger or Lebron?  (Read 2022 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Who do you root "against" more? Tiger or Lebron?
« on: March 26, 2012, 07:25:33 PM »
They both seem to have their haters that root against them for their off-court/course actions and cockyness, but if you had to pick one who do you root against most or get the most enjoyment out of watching them lose??

I personally would have to go with Lebron, his head/attitude seems to write checks that he has still yet been able to deliver...

I actually liked him when he was in Cleveland, crazy how a couple stupid moves in the media plays into who we root for or not...

Tiger totally dominated the sport of golf in his prime, he definately made some bad choices over the past years, but yet I still kind of hope he makes it back to the level he was at... But even still I'll root for Phil to actually win it!  ;)

What do you guys think?

Son of Pappy

Re: Who do you root "against" more? Tiger or Lebron?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 07:36:32 PM »
Lebron, but then again, I have pretty much disliked BB since the much practiced Dennis Rodmen flop and S. Oneil version of what was once a game of finese.  It is nothing more then football on wood without pads.  Size has been the focus and team work has been abandoned.  I was so happy when the Sonics left town, I hope they never return, under any name.  Yes, I feel the same about womens BB.  And FWIW, when I was stationed in Belgium we played BB for PT, we even played the Belgian national team twice.  Remember MJs last play the first time he retired?  It was a foul/no foul.  The respect has left the game and me as a fan.  Shamefully, college ball has headed down the same path :(

Go Tiger, beat Phil ;D ;D

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 09:30:15 PM »
Tiger is a total self absorbed wife cheating asshole......Lebron is an arrogant sore loser jerk, but he is a by far better all around human being. Lebron has allot of true and faithful friends, and is a dedicated Father and Son........ we all know Tiger can't say the same. Both talented beyond what their big heads can handle, but Lebron really doesn't bother me.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 06:23:39 AM »
I don't watch basketball and I was pulling for Tiger this past weekend when he finally won again after 2 1/2 years.

To err is human, to forgive is divine
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 08:53:07 AM »
I stopped caring about basketball when it became a "thug" sport.  I think it's starting to get back to reality but I waiting awhile.  Golf is supposed to be a gentleman's game.  Aside from his cheating, Tiger is a petulant jerk on the course, the kind of guy I hate to be in the same foursome with.  He has no problem with cursing in front of his fans, including young kids.  His over inflated ego, while possibly earned, is a big turn off.  I was really hoping he'd never win again.  Now that he has, I'm afraid we're in for more of his theatrics. 

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 09:53:34 AM »
I'm from Cleveland,  Leebron is a self absorbed turd that talks in 3rd person and nicknamed himself "King James", offending quite a few here with the biblical reference. Anybody who thought he'd stay in Cleveland one day more than he absolutely had to was fooling himself. So Tiger wins one game since 2009 and all of a sudden, the world stops, gas prices fall, women swoon, men admire, tickets sell out and all is well in the world of golf,.........really? Here's your sign.
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 09:59:03 AM »
After reading some comments from one of Tiger's coaches, he seems to be far worse of a person.
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline Shadowofshoe

• Arena
  • Mastiff pup/human pup
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 12:52:24 PM »

Tiger is a P.O.S.....do you know he is a notoriously fast eater and when he has finished that's it-everyones done !!! He gets up and leaves-dinners over. Lots of guys can be sex stooges, but it takes a special kind of A-Hole to be that rude.

Mike
Sooooo....we are about to be a Nation that makes you prove you have insurance-but it's not necessary to prove that you are indeed a Citizen of that Nation?

Offline wipfel

• 2010 Concours 14 ABS
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 01:59:43 PM »
     Tiger is a P.O.S.....do you know he is a notoriously fast eater and when he has finished that's it-everyones done !!! He gets up and leaves-dinners over. Lots of guys can be sex stooges, but it takes a special kind of A-Hole to be that rude.

Mike

That's what I read recently. AND when he gets up from the table, he expects anyone else there to be done with their meal immediately and leave with him.  Told his wife not to smile when he wins.  Said she needed to act like they've won before.
--If I could be anywhere right now, I'd still be out there, on my bike, in the wilderness.

2010 Concours 14 ABS

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 03:53:31 PM »
  Aside from his cheating, Tiger is a petulant jerk on the course, the kind of guy I hate to be in the same foursome with.

You've been in a foursome with Tiger? :o :grouphug:

The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 10:01:05 AM »
Ummm, no Jimmymac.  I'm not sure if you meant that question seriously or not.  I have watched Tiger play many times on tv (no choice if you watch golf) and up close in a tournament in Germany.  I meant that I have played with people who acted like him and I hate playing with those types of players.  I don't have the money to play in a pro-am and I really don't have the game to play in a pro golf tourney. 

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2012, 03:37:34 PM »
Ummm, no Jimmymac.  I'm not sure if you meant that question seriously or not.  I have watched Tiger play many times on tv (no choice if you watch golf) and up close in a tournament in Germany.  I meant that I have played with people who acted like him and I hate playing with those types of players.  I don't have the money to play in a pro-am and I really don't have the game to play in a pro golf tourney.

That's cool. Yeah, I was just jokin' around.

I played 9 holes once, but wasn't any good. ;)
The grass isn't always greener.