Author Topic: ZGGTR vs COG Forum  (Read 27769 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: ZGGTR vs COG Forum
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2014, 08:26:42 PM »
Hey, you know what Jay? I owe you a public apology. I over-reacted a couple of days ago in this thread and was absolutely out of line with my response to you. I apologize and retract what I said. I was a bit angry, it was late and you just got caught up in my response- sort of like overspray. Of course that does not excuse my posts so again, I apologize and bear you no ill will. If you want, I would be happy to delete those posts or leave them as you wish- it is entirely up to you.

I am not asking for any type of response and understand perfectly if you remain cranky, deservedly so IMO but I did want to try and correct this such as I can, after the fact though it is.

Brian

Thanks Brian, apology accepted.  :)

We're good.  :chugbeer:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2014, 08:27:55 PM »
I don't know, he took my beer that I offered to him at my sister's house last year.
Even drank them in front of me.
Sheesh, what a jerk.

:chugbeer:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Well I had Gumby with me MP, if I don't grab it and drink it quick he will...  ;) ;D :chugbeer:

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2014, 08:39:52 PM »
Thank you. You are a good guy Jay, and a better person than I am. Thank you for your graciousness.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Son of Pappy

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2014, 08:48:30 PM »

Good thing, if'n ya didn't Kirby was gonna club ya with an elk hoof! :o

Offline Conrad

« Reply #124 on: May 02, 2014, 04:41:59 AM »
I really did not mean to go down this path at all but seeing as we are now actually discussing COG, I would respond to you Brent that it sure sounds like you gave your local COG group a fair shot and found it was not for you. Hey, that happens and it is the reason we are not all members of hundreds of organizations. As I said earlier in this thread, while COG is absolutely national, I think of it as a lot of little 'islands' of members. I live in RI and normally associate / meet with folks from New England and nearby NY and NJ and that is about the extent of the folks I often meet w/in COG. And in all sincerity, they are the best group of people I have had the pleasure to be associated with in my life. But perhaps I would not quite fit in or like the COG group in your area as much. ??

I am a fan of COG and promote the group (Andrea and I will be representing COG at Twisted Throttle's Open House in a few weeks) but not beyond all reason: if it is not working for you, I can certainly understand that. And you seem to have a very reasonable attitude toward your experience with the group- just what you personally took away from it without any bias or preconceived expectations.

As far as the forum, anyone can 'test drive' that at any time. There have been some changes, and there is an active, continuous effort to hopefully make things better. Unfortunately, some of those very efforts have been loud and combative but I would encourage anyone to take that with a grain of salt, try to understand that it was an isolated period and is not the normal behavior. And finally, there is an effort to get the chuckles rating a bit higher. Hey, there is a minister over there who grew this thing he calls a beard (more like a hedge actually), didn't know what to do about it and we're going to shave that thing off him at the national rally in front of a crowd.... with a straight razor. And I've never shaved anyone other than myself in my life- now if that ain't good, old fashioned fun, I just don't know what is.  :yikes: ;D

Brian

Well, they certainly have enough emoticons to help with the 'chuckle rating' over there.    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #125 on: May 02, 2014, 12:01:44 PM »
This forum has more dead rodents participating. Not worth all that much but it does give a different perspective....

Kirby

KIRBY!
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Kirby

• I ride up front and look through the hole.
« Reply #126 on: May 02, 2014, 02:53:28 PM »
Member: Dead Rodent's Riders
President: KiPass Lover's Society

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2014, 04:45:09 PM »
The COG forum has so little action, it just doesn't seem worth going anymore. However if they truly are making efforts to work on things, I may take a look and see how things are going.

Nope, still as boring as ever.
Just too many guys who almost never post.
Too many double posts which I already read over here.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"