Author Topic: A total waste of my time....  (Read 17097 times)

Offline harry76

• Arena
Re: New bike, two really annoying things. any suggestions?
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2014, 08:52:50 PM »
Is this necessary? The new guy was simply asking questions, and shared his opinion on some of the "features" of the bike that he doesn't like.

If his opinion doesn't match yours, do you need to blast him? I've been on the receiving end of this very unwelcoming attitude here before. I'm sure I'll get blasted again for saying this, but the feeling to a newbie on this forum is that this is a small club that really doesn't want anyone new in the club.

Anyway, welcome 238mph! I hope you can get some answers to your questions.

I agree with Racer Boy!
Some of the "regulars" started this train wreck.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2014, 09:02:28 PM »
I didn't think this was a Marry Poppins forum... :)

BDF is not a whiner, by far.  And he is a very well respected member who contributes a LOT.  We are not used to people throwing around a lot of cursing and puffing and such.  You will find zggtr.org is filled with a lot of really nice and great people who are willing to welcome and help just anyone; and generally very polite.  But there are limits to peoples' patience (some much more than others).  Heck, even I have been attacked before.... and for far, far, far less (you will never see me launch personal attacks, although I sometimes respond "in kind" when pushed.)

It is just that you came in a bit too strong for some readers.  Others may have misinterpreted your intentions, and still others might see you as a show-off.  Although I think what you are doing with the bike is very unusual, it is pretty interesting and do wish you success.  I do hope the thread is cleaned some (you might keep Jim busy).  Just chill a bit and let some stuff slide off and things might go better...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2014, 09:15:38 PM »
If the GTR can do 170mph I'll be happy... does anyone know the top speed?  Will I run out of hp or rpm?

The gen 2 (2010+) has a top speed limiter in the ECU which can be disabled with reflashing it.  150 stock is easily possible (which is the speed limiter).  Higher speeds have been reported with/without the limiter (like 165, indicated) but I have not seen 170 reported (doesn't mean it can't do it).  Speedometer error becomes significant at very high speeds.  Bike has plenty of power to push to top speed, but aerodynamics can be a limiting factor unless you start to shed the large screen and bags and such.

No, I have never gone that fast and never will (have absolutely no desire)...

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=178.0
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Son of Pappy

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2014, 10:59:09 PM »
Off topic-to get back on topic.  Kinda at odds here, but I'll take the adult approach (shocking, right?).  BDF (Brian) is a friend and all around great guy who along with Man Of Blues (MOB) (great guy as well) have contributed as much info as all the rest combined to the C14 community.  Please, respect their opinion.  Was there some dumping?  Certainly, as a newb to this forum, as well as any other, there is a certain amount of time in learning personalities, road goes 2 ways.  Lots of things are tolerated here that are blasted elsewhere, strong, foul language isn't one of the things tolerated, and rightfully so.  I sold my hot rod of a C14 early this year, yet I am still a regular because I genuinely like the folks, we have a few squabbles, but I feel it is safe to say we'd help out should something ever arise where we could be of help.  Swallow the humble pill, make amends, and move on.

Back on topic.  Many of the things you are doing/looking at doing are the same I had in mind, I got bit by the ADV bug and my C14 just wasn't be used.  I miss the heck out of that thing...

Open the air in, drop 50-60 pounds ( get creative), get a good suspension, the TBs mentioned, polished (I bet you already know about this), short vel stacks, and a good tune.  I see 180ish RWHP as a peak #, and I would bet you get north of 180 on the GPS.  My best GPS speed was 156 at the track, plenty more but turn one was approaching rapidly...  Study up on fuel pumps, not sure if the OEM pump will deliver enough fuel once she hits peak numbers.  I'd also recommend contacting Guhl to bump the Rs up another grand, say 12,500.  I get it, power is addictive.

Se, please heed my words, this is hands down my all time fav forum.

Chet

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2014, 11:14:33 PM »
Bunch of immature people on here, I don't care how many posts they have made.

It's really simple, if you don't have something positive to say, ignore the thread... it serves no purpose to come back over and over and bash a member.
I PROMISE if we were all in the same room, they wouldn't talk to me like that...

you wouldnt want to put your money where your mouth is... I'm 60 and still I'd knock your Dick in the dirt...
your talkin like you have Two Brunswick's hangin between your legs, while you type your drivel...
Popped off 20+ posts of boasts in a day, to feed your pimple headed ego.

and you have no freakin clues about doing a valve adjust on this bike, mr. racerboy?
some of these folks are gentle, I'm not.
you entered and became a serious retard.
I wouldn't P1$$ in your ear if your brain was on fire.
What a freakin Maroon...  3'''2''''1'''' lock this biotch and ban this dufass...please, or just shoot me in the eye....
http://youtu.be/SSZ1h-bydS4
http://youtu.be/C_Kh7nLplWo
http://youtu.be/pkYNBwCEeH4

do something interesting, show us a picture of your girlfriend...

Cuda, never seen a better post.... priceless...
What is going on? I guess this fits in?
http://youtu.be/UfHtcUZXljw

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
Re: A total waste of my time....
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2014, 12:50:47 AM »
wow.
I've been away for the weekend, visiting a friend.
Now I'm in the office sipping my coffee, perusing the latest posts here, and find these 3 pages of... how to call it?... nonsense? My English doesn't get that far.

:banghead:

:pukeface:

Just wow.

MOB, I appreciate your knowledge and benefit from it, but your attitude (lack of intelligent manners disguised as bluntness) can be toned down quite a bit. The OP came unnecessarily hard, but those who have some time here could stay on top, couldn't we?
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: A total waste of my time....
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2014, 04:03:48 AM »
 :o Wow, I have a nice drink of wine, go to bed with happy thoughts, and wake up to this.  I gotta leave early this morning so I'm not going to have a lot a time to massage this thread or think about what I'm going to say in closing....and I will have something to say to everyone involved.  I'll see what I can do and then I'll finish it up later. 

SOP sums it up nicely...

Off topic-to get back on topic.  Kinda at odds here, but I'll take the adult approach (shocking, right?).  BDF (Brian) is a friend and all around great guy who along with Man Of Blues (MOB) (great guy as well) have contributed as much info as all the rest combined to the C14 community.  Please, respect their opinion.  Was there some dumping?  Certainly, as a newb to this forum, as well as any other, there is a certain amount of time in learning personalities, road goes 2 ways.  Lots of things are tolerated here that are blasted elsewhere, strong, foul language isn't one of the things tolerated, and rightfully so.  I sold my hot rod of a C14 early this year, yet I am still a regular because I genuinely like the folks, we have a few squabbles, but I feel it is safe to say we'd help out should something ever arise where we could be of help.  Swallow the humble pill, make amends, and move on.

Chet

To say that I'm disappointed in how this thread turned out is an understatement.  To everyone, we don't tolerate the kind of language and video that I had to censor.  I don't like censoring posts and threads.  It upsets me and I don't like to be upset.  It causes me not to drink.  This is one the only place (well the UK forum as well, but that's it) I come to be happy with like mostly minded people who love the C14.  There are ways of expressing an opinion here that do not involve personal attacks from both sides of the aisle.  AND just because an individual says things that raise ire is no cause to respond back in like fashion.

After an initial WTF from myself concerning the OP and his ideas on modifying the C14, I found myself wanting to see what he was going to do in spite of his heresy.  You know guys, we need people coming here with fresh ideas on modifications...however, the manner that these ideas came across to the membership was somewhat different than what we were used to unfortunately.  Sigh.

As a reminder, there is an ignore button...somewhere.  Just use it if you don't agree with someone's opinion.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 05:23:22 AM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.