Author Topic: Come Friday the Connie is going to a new home.  (Read 12617 times)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Come Friday the Connie is going to a new home.
« on: June 12, 2013, 11:23:21 AM »
Well I did it, trading for the model of bike that I just loved to death when I owned it. Going back to the Vstrom 1000, I am more of the ADV style of motorcycle person. The C14 has been just a fabulous machine, and was all that I had hoped it would be. Less is simply more for me, and I love to explore the bumby rough roads too darn much. It is going to a real good guy, and I know that I will be seeing her again. He is excited to try the sport touring thing "as I was" and you just don't really know what ya like until ya give it a try. I will of course still be hanging around here, love this forum and the good folks that are on here. It is a very low mileage 06 and is nicely equipped for touring, I just have a few "must have" mods to do and then I will be good to go. Happy yet sad at the same time, I get attached to bikes.  :(
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline koval68

Re: Come Friday the Connie is going to a new home.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 11:37:02 AM »
Good luck and enjoy your V-Strom again Brian! Make sure to check in with us from time to time!
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 12:00:01 PM »
 :(

Offline Conrad

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 12:07:19 PM »
Ya gotta to what ya gotta do. Good luck with the new bike Poke!

:chugbeer:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 12:12:57 PM »
Well I did it, trading for the model of bike that I just loved to death when I owned it. Going back to the Vstrom 1000, I am more of the ADV style of motorcycle person. The C14 has been just a fabulous machine, and was all that I had hoped it would be. Less is simply more for me, and I love to explore the bumby rough roads too darn much. It is going to a real good guy, and I know that I will be seeing her again. He is excited to try the sport touring thing "as I was" and you just don't really know what ya like until ya give it a try. I will of course still be hanging around here, love this forum and the good folks that are on here. It is a very low mileage 06 and is nicely equipped for touring, I just have a few "must have" mods to do and then I will be good to go. Happy yet sad at the same time, I get attached to bikes.  :(

Yo hope you still post here and keep in touch!  The ADV bikes like Rotella T6 flavor too  :D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 01:29:15 PM »
Ya gotta to what ya gotta do. Good luck with the new bike Poke!

:chugbeer:

A man's gotta know his limitations.

2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 01:29:57 PM »
Yo hope you still post here and keep in touch!  The ADV bikes like Rotella T6 flavor too  :D

Yes they do, all bikes except Hardleys like T6!  ;)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 01:30:59 PM »
:(

Happy face not a sad face, I am still gonna stay here and torture you guys.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2013, 02:17:59 PM »
Best of luck with the new bike Brian. I will say this much, the valves are MUCH, MUCH easier to adjust even with two separate heads to deal with. And fewer valves once you get in there too. A friend of mine has one and it is one of the smoothest riding V-twins I have ever ridden, vibration wise.

Brian

Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2013, 02:55:10 PM »
Best of luck with the new bike Brian. I will say this much, the valves are MUCH, MUCH easier to adjust even with two separate heads to deal with. And fewer valves once you get in there too. A friend of mine has one and it is one of the smoothest riding V-twins I have ever ridden, vibration wise.

Brian

Yeah I adjusted the valves in my 05 that I had, it was pretty easy and straightforward. Yeah it is a jewel of an engine, some can be a bit rough around the edges but this one seems to be pretty spot on. I typically would already be thinking of what dual race cans to mount, but I need to do a few things first before even considering that. Having to add a PCIII is not really something I feel like doing, the big Strom sounds pretty good with the twin bazookas anyways. I am very proficient with these bikes, held several techday/rides and I still do this day get asked questions. Thought I wanted the 650, but I changed my mind about that obviously. I feel really good about who is getting her, he doesnt live very far from me and he is a member of Ohioriders. I seem to switch bikes every 4 years, it would be 4 years next month.  ;D
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2013, 04:55:29 PM »
Enjoy your ride.  I would trade the Concours for a full size adventure bike like a GS1200, Explorer, super tenere, but for now I am enjoying the ride.  Just rode the entire BRP, the Chesapeke Bay area, the New River Gorge, Cumberland Gap and back home.  Thinking about a coast to coast and the PCH.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2013, 05:03:35 PM »
Good luck and keep in touch. I like the Super Tenre, Explorer, and The Stelvio. The Stelvio is my favorite, but not enough dealers.
Joel from Maine.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2013, 05:21:35 PM »
You  :censored: .  I'll get you for this!  :battle: ........ >:( ;) :)   I'll probably be coming round the beginning of October.  Have the beer cool.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2013, 05:38:03 PM »
You  :censored: .  I'll get you for this!  :battle: ........ >:( ;) :)   I'll probably be coming round the beginning of October.  Have the beer cool.

I am taking beer requests now.  :)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2013, 06:42:22 PM »
Michelob Lager..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2013, 07:40:28 PM »
Michelob Lager..

I said.......BEER, not crap like that!!!!!  :o
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2013, 07:46:50 PM »
A buddy of mine had the big Strom.  He seemed to like it a lot.  For unknown reasons he sold it for a ST1300 which he wrecked.  Then he got an FJR, sold it for a Nomad, sold for a Wee Strom the other day.  This all within 2 years.

I'd give a Strom a try before most any other bike.  And it just might be my next bike, ya never know.  Hope you enjoy your new ride Pokey.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2013, 08:37:29 PM »
A buddy of mine had the big Strom.  He seemed to like it a lot.  For unknown reasons he sold it for a ST1300 which he wrecked.  Then he got an FJR, sold it for a Nomad, sold for a Wee Strom the other day.  This all within 2 years.

I'd give a Strom a try before most any other bike.  And it just might be my next bike, ya never know.  Hope you enjoy your new ride Pokey.

I had an 05 1000 previously, and it was pretty macked out. SO many aftermarket goodies for them, it is totally addicting.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 04:01:50 AM »

I said.......BEER, not crap like that!!!!!  :o

Nevertheless, that's what I like..... ;)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2013, 07:37:15 AM »
Nevertheless, that's what I like..... ;)

Then that is what ye shall get, and you can have some of my yummy beer too.  :chugbeer:
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"