Author Topic: which is more stable, side stand, or center stand  (Read 2372 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: which is more stable, side stand, or center stand
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2020, 06:52:12 PM »
 :rotflmao:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2020, 06:39:22 AM »
Pop the clutch with too much throttle, vertical.  Then horizontal.

Yeah, I did that on my very first bike.  I discovered that from a stop, an EX250 can lift and end up being 180 degrees.  It wasn't intentional, and I wasn't trying to do a wheelie.

Quite horizontal.  I was very lucky I wasn't hurt and minimal damage.  Lesson learned, the hard way.  Also greatly reinforced my decision to ATGATT (wear all the proper gear, all the time).
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2020, 04:25:05 PM »
I've had the C14 front up in the air, not so much the Indian.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline smc

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2020, 08:09:05 PM »
I too bought an aftermarket side stand after lowering the suspension.   It's the pits being short.   Also, I made a small ramp out of a 1x6 pine board that I back the rear tire up on so it is easier to put the bike on the centerstand when I'm going to work on it in my garage.   Without that, the centerstand doesn't pivot down enough when the bike is lowered and it makes raising the bike up on the stand a lot like heavy weight lifting.   

Offline connie_rider

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2020, 09:09:25 AM »
Not sure which bike your talking about?

On my C-10 I bent the side stand slightly when I lowered the bike.
When I raised it again (was too low), I just straightened it.
EZ to do. Costs nothing..

On the C-14, I did the same with the side stand, and lowered the Center stand.
Side stand is EZ, the center stand takes a bit of thought.

Ride safe, Ted