Author Topic: What did you do to your Concours today?  (Read 853542 times)

sailor_chic

Re: What did you do to your Concours today?
« Reply #420 on: January 03, 2015, 03:24:22 PM »
Thanks guys!! Yeah, the Vmax is feeling a bit neglected here lately. Its only been around the block in the past three weeks, and the C14 has been around Fl a couple of times.

I think I am going with the PR4's. Jake Wilson has a good price on them. Good meaning in a relative term.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #421 on: January 03, 2015, 04:47:06 PM »
I think I am going with the PR4's. Jake Wilson has a good price on them. Good meaning in a relative term.

Make sure they are PR4-GT if you want them to last...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline rhhall

• Arena
  • I'm your huckleberry
« Reply #422 on: January 03, 2015, 05:08:31 PM »
Congrats Nicole!! :thumbs:
Rick
rick
08 Connie ABS(totaled)
14 Connie

Offline tomp

« Reply #423 on: January 03, 2015, 05:16:01 PM »
Nicole, may want to check Motorcycle Super Store and Twisted Throttle prices, too.  I've used them both and they had great prices for the tires I've needed in the past.   tomp     Congrats on your success, too...tp
Living in the Texas Coast...

sailor_chic

« Reply #424 on: January 04, 2015, 07:34:28 AM »
Thanks y'all   :)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #425 on: January 04, 2015, 06:50:40 PM »
PR4's  <---use only when a second best tire won't do  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline tomp

« Reply #426 on: January 04, 2015, 07:14:48 PM »

That's what I've heard, too.  Like my 3's, but have heard 4's  last longer... TP

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #427 on: January 04, 2015, 08:09:07 PM »

Correct, because the best would be PR4-GT :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #428 on: January 04, 2015, 08:37:41 PM »
guess what I did to my C14 today,... rode the %$#^ out of it  ;D

But I did wrench on my little car a wee bit!

Inside the door, prior owner did a hack job.  I have the door all apart to weld new metal in place of this hacked up crap  ;D

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #429 on: January 04, 2015, 09:41:22 PM »
guess what I did to my C14 today,... rode the %$#^ out of it  ;D

Was 74 or something insane here.  I didn't even get to look at mine, since apparently I have the flu :(

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #430 on: January 05, 2015, 03:47:04 AM »
Hope you're wearing a mask so you don't spread the virus to the rest of us.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #431 on: January 05, 2015, 03:55:12 AM »
Too late, he's already been online.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #432 on: January 05, 2015, 04:35:30 AM »
Was 74 or something insane here.  I didn't even get to look at mine, since apparently I have the flu :(

Sorry to hear Max! Keep that to yourself thank you!

minus 5 here at the moment, high of 9f predicted today. 5 inches of snow on the ground with more coming at some point. Wednesdays high temp is minus 4f with a low of minus 15f!     :o
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

sailor_chic

« Reply #433 on: January 05, 2015, 05:05:45 AM »
Max, hope your feeling better.   Steve, perhaps we need to hook up for a ride someday?

Today I will give my bikes hugs and kisses as I set sail for 3 weeks. Time to go fill up the checking account again.

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #434 on: January 06, 2015, 06:08:39 PM »
Well I dropped a few pounds today,I threw one my new slip on from vance&hines cs one.fits nice only took about 1/2 hour and 2 beers.sounds real nice can't wait to take it out but that has to wait for a while going to be 17 below tomorrow with the wind chills so I'm just going  to dream about till it gets a little warmer.

Offline tomp

« Reply #435 on: January 06, 2015, 06:18:06 PM »
Nicole, have a good time at sea.  What type vessel are you on, for these shore times at sea?

Bigfraid, how do you live with such winters?  Gonna actually get below freezing here, tomorrow night.  Might be the coldest time for the entire winter.   Stay warm  and know the 14 is missing you as you are missing it.... tomp

Offline bigfraid

« Reply #436 on: January 06, 2015, 06:39:05 PM »
I just deal with it tomp,hey I got to ride last Friday it was 34 out and wasn't bad thanks to the windshield so I'm not going to complain to much.

Offline tomp

« Reply #437 on: January 06, 2015, 06:47:02 PM »
I just deal with it tomp,hey I got to ride last Friday it was 34 out and wasn't bad thanks to the windshield so I'm not going to complain to much.
Glad to know.   Wish I had heated grips, for our short time of cold.  Had a BMW R1200RT with heated seat and grips, and rode below freezing without any chills. Shame my 14 has neither.  Stay warm sir, and know that Spring will be upon us all too soon, at least  hope so. tp

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #438 on: January 06, 2015, 09:04:49 PM »
Had a BMW R1200RT with heated seat and grips, and rode below freezing without any chills. Shame my 14 has neither.

Mine has both.... yours can too

Offline tomp

« Reply #439 on: January 06, 2015, 09:23:06 PM »
Mine has both.... yours can too
A waste of money in SE Texas.  Only used a few days a year. Air conditioning is what we really need around six months of a typical year.  If it had been so needed, I would have kept the 1200RT.   The 14 is a better bike in many ways, even without all the bells and whistles the RT had.  tomp
For those who dig great tunes, this is what's playing in my headphones right now.  ""Yes"......Better than ever....Can't even describe the memories........
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZSxZHMkZWM