Author Topic: Leaving for Kentucky in the AM  (Read 2975 times)

Son of Pappy

Leaving for Kentucky in the AM
« on: October 18, 2013, 12:29:54 AM »
I will be at FT Campbell until next Saturday for a Military Mentor Training course.  Unfortunately I will be on a HD for the first time in my life.  We will have the bike s Saturday Afternoon and Sunday to verify training routes.  Drop me a PM if you want to show us some choice riding areas.  I am in high hopes it will be spirited riding, but????

No, I will not post pictures as without pictures "it didn't happen" ;D

Son of Pappy

Re: Leaving for Kentucky in the AM
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 04:53:16 PM »
Speechless.

Tenetucky or Kenasee has some really nice areas.  All I gotta say is this beast is a unique experience :o

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 05:23:00 PM »
Glad you made it safely.

Offline BruceR

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 09:24:58 PM »
Dang Chet!  I just got back from vacation and have a honey-do list a mile long for this coming week.  I live just South of Nashvegas.  There are some pretty nice roads out there near the fort.  And a haunted cave.

Son of Pappy

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 09:58:15 PM »
Haunted cave?  I'm in ;D  Between dodging horse apples and sports cars passing between curves I have done some 300 miles around the base.  We went deer dodging this evening after a day of fun on the range.  We had one guy do a full on stoppie and dismount, If only I had the camera on, all I got was the bike just as it made contact kinda sideways.  Based on speed and distance he pulled a 1.3g stop-safe to say he exceeded the bikes limit :o
This Harley thing?  Just aint me, even on the Ultra Classic I just aint comfy, feet too far out front, some lever thingy just behind my left foot, no pegs, no power, handles like a tractor, worse wind screen height I have EVER experienced, but for some reason I still have a smile on my face at the end of the day, so it aint all bad.  It does handle extremely well at slow speed stuff, lean her till the boards drag and she turns on a dime.  Brakes aint bad at all, but the tires?  I think the stock 'Stones have better feel and a ton more bite for braking.  I do not ever see one of these in my stable.  We did do some gravel roads today, I/we needed a DS fix and since I have added the necessary DS sticker I had everything I needed for success ;D ;D
Did I mention a smile?  Beats walking by quite some margin, has a throttle, 2 tires, brakes, and a seat.  Good times :cool: 8)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2013, 07:58:35 AM »
Nice pic of said Harley (i'm having trouble understanding!)  ;D

Last time i went to KY I got so lost I ended up at Loretta Lynn's childhood home, seriously

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2013, 08:08:53 AM »
Speechless.

Tenetucky or Kenasee has some really nice areas.  All I gotta say is this beast is a unique experience :o

Gotta give it to Harley on the bike rental program. I've taken many a trip where the only available bike to rent was a Harley.