Linked Events

• Mid Flowriduh RTE, O'steens, St Augustine: May 12, 2012

Author Topic: Mid Flowriduh RTE, O'steens, St Augustine, May 12th.  (Read 3468 times)

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
Mid Flowriduh RTE, O'steens, St Augustine, May 12th.
« on: April 30, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »
Time to post up another as the May calendar is looking a might thin.

Kinda thought it would be nice to have an RTE up north a bit, maybe get a visit from the GA Mafia.

This will be at

O'steens Restaurant
205 Anastasia Blvd
Saint Augustine, FL 32080
(904) 829-6974

For those not in the know, this place flat out knows how to cook shrimp. The Datil Pepper sauce ain't bad either.

Let's meet at the cafe at about 11:30, and I'll try to be on time this time. :-[ :-[

I'll be leaving my house about 9:15, and figure on a break on the way there, for those that want to meet up and ride up. A nice mostly two lane, NO freeway route is anticipated.

St Augustine is a way cool walking friendly(for FLA, anyhow) town. Plan to spend some time just wandering around.

Linky to Yelp on O'steens:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/o-steens-restaurant-saint-augustine

Notes:  CASH ONLY, no plastique.

There will most likely be a line, as this place is quite popular. There is a sign up sheet at the outside window. The intercom also works at the junk antique store next door.

All are welcome, COG, non-COG, tos, h3ll, even Davidsons.

BTW, they will probably have stuff for sale in town for Mother's Day(May 13th).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 07:09:51 PM by SteveJ. »
Perfection Is A Fantasy, Improvement Is Possible(Margie J)
America's Seaplane City
'99 Conk: 234k mi, '98 KLR650, both gone, '15 Versys 650LT: 74k mi
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Re: Mid Flowriduh RTE, O'steens, St Augustine, May 12th.
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 08:08:04 PM »
OMG I hope I can make this one
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 03:54:02 PM »
OMG I hope I can make this one
Probably your last chance before your summer relocation.
America's Seaplane City
COG 5603, IBA 19921, CBMMA 50 (Cheap B@st@rds Motorcycle Maintenance Assoc, 18 year member)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 09:08:45 PM »
I'm out unfortunately.  My friend Phil I beleive you met just got a big Kawi cruiser,  he might be in.  I really hate mising this ride.

On a side note, I need help with a ride again.  Instead of X-country like last summer, I need to go to Maine for fresh lobster.  Wanna' go?  If not i still need your expert sport-touring advice about PA/WV/NH and some other crazy roads and things i can't miss out on. Better yet why don't you just go  with me!?  Hopefully i'll have a few go with meet spots along the way. Talking with folks in GA, TN, NC, and VA I ride with about the trip. Also some rising friends live in PA and promised to take me to a local Amish restaurant and they may ride up for lobster.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 06:00:02 PM »
I'm out unfortunately.  My friend Phil I beleive you met just got a big Kawi cruiser,  he might be in.  I really hate mising this ride.

On a side note, I need help with a ride again.  Instead of X-country like last summer, I need to go to Maine for fresh lobster.  Wanna' go?  If not i still need your expert sport-touring advice about PA/WV/NH and some other crazy roads and things i can't miss out on. Better yet why don't you just go  with me!?  Hopefully i'll have a few go with meet spots along the way. Talking with folks in GA, TN, NC, and VA I ride with about the trip. Also some rising friends live in PA and promised to take me to a local Amish restaurant and they may ride up for lobster.
No good on the lobster run, it would make a helluva ride to eat, though. I  get four weeks a year of vacation, taking two to do the national rally in AR, then to MN, then probably across Canadia and drop in the US north of Watertown, NY.

Second two week bike blast is flying out to Cali to ride the KLR around for a couple of weeks.

When ya going? Sounds like a blast. Heading up to Nova Scotia?
America's Seaplane City

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 10:20:37 PM »
Steve(s) I leave the 3rd week of August for 3 weeks heading to Nova Scotia.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 02:26:31 PM »
Steve(s) I leave the 3rd week of August for 3 weeks heading to Nova Scotia.

Sounds great, I don't want to burn vacation like that but plan to do some hi-mile days parts of the way. On my x-country trip last summer I did 1100 first day out. Hope you post-up if it works out we're both up that way lets meet up!

Offline Bugnut

• The Dude abides.
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 07:25:59 PM »
Ride safe y'all.

Have my triple threat weekend. Birthday, anniversary, and mother's day all bundled into one weekend! Plus I'm on call the the hospital. Oh well. Have some shrimps for me!

Leaving for Wisconsin on Wednesday for a 8 day ride up and back myself. Part of the anniversary package deal to meet the spousal unit for dinner Friday night. Heck of a RTE!!!

Mike
"Now I know what the Klingons felt like when the Enterprise was at warp 9 with photon torpedoes firing away as they blasted past. There is no way I could catch up to, much less get past that Concours when it's on the hunt it's lights at full power."

Offline SteveJ.

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2012, 07:56:40 PM »
Ride safe y'all.

Have my triple threat weekend. Birthday, anniversary, and mother's day all bundled into one weekend! Plus I'm on call the the hospital. Oh well. Have some shrimps for me!

Leaving for Wisconsin on Wednesday for a 8 day ride up and back myself. Part of the anniversary package deal to meet the spousal unit for dinner Friday night. Heck of a RTE!!!

Mike

Gotta wear out another rear tar, huh?

Enjoy your Sconi run. Tear up SW Sconi for me, would ya?
America's Seaplane City